Crown 40L urn in Perth?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StalkingWilbur

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me where to purchase a crown urn in perth?

Thanks!

You might need to look at some Catering businesses as I dont believe many homebrew shops in WA stock them. It seems we have an aversion towards BIAB here in terms of equipment.

You can easily get a 70l pot, element and bulkhead here for far less than an urn if your interested.

I'm definitely open to ideas. I'm a complete novice when it comes to this and I'm just trying to read and learn as much from people here as I can. So much information.

Has it been discussed in a thread before that I could search or do you have some more info regarding fabrication/set up, pros/cons?

I've found plenty of 30L Birko Urns for sale. Just no 40L and it seems like I really need a 40L from everything I'm reading.

Yeah 40lt is really the minimumn for traditional BIAB yeilding a 23lt ish batch size.

I am happy to recommend a few items just really depends on how DIY friendly you are as to what might work for you.

For 5% brews, the 40L urn can easily yield 25 L batches. Have you contacted CraftBrewer to see what the freight would be on an urn? The box, surprisingly, isn't all that big. Sort of like a Tardis.

I'm not scared to get in and have a go, but I don't have many tools. I have friends that I can get to help me out though.

I considered getting one sent over. Really wanted to be able to brew when I get back into town for a week on Wednesday though. Just assumed I could easily find one.

Latest posts

Back