Vic "off Season" Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar Beer

Reaction score
Based on the segue way in discussion in this thread: Vic Brewers Xmas Case Swap. Post #190 onwards.
It seems like there might be interest in a scaled down version of the Xmas and July swaps, occurring in the down time in between.

Personally, with young kids and other commitments (SWMBO), I'd find it difficult to get to a full on HB party. But I do really like the idea of swapping brews. The scaled down version would be more of a meet, swap & chat, with subsequent discussions held in the forum. The aim being to make it a lighter commitment time wise, allowing for more brewers to become involved. Or just for the same brewers to become involved more often!
A set up like this can work with any numbers as no catering, drop off points or buses are required.

I'm opening this thread to begin discussion on how this might take place & also gauge interest in numbers.

Cheers
Paul :D

So I'll kick things off:
No host is one less hurdle. My preference would be to meet out somewhere. Maybe a Saturday morning or arvo, cafe or bar. Swap, have coffee/beer and be on your way. Doesn't have the personal touch of the bigger do's, but any face 2 face meeting is better then none.
Potentially, we could meet near a decent HBS eg: Grain & Grape (just a happy customer). Allowing us to kill two birds with one stone.

Regular rules regarding bottles etc apply.
To these rules I suggest we add 'brewers of all levels encouraged. Be that K&K, fresh wort, extract or AG'

At this stage, with the Xmas swap due in Nov. A good time for an off season swap could be Feb-Mar.

Cheers
Paul

Paul,

I would be interested in this idea.
Just getting into AG brewing it would be great for me to try different styles and swap notes and get feedback on my beers more often.
Good concept, put down as a definite.

Reg

Paul,

Once I come over to the dark side next year I would certainly be interested in this. Given you are in Baccus Marsh and I'll be in Creswick, maybe we should meet in Ballarat :lol:

Any meeting place would be good...

good idea fellers id be in if it was closer to melb than ballarat

Ballarat in the middle of winter.......................

It would be warmer inside my beer fridge :D

So I'll kick things off:

Regular rules regarding bottles etc apply.
To these rules I suggest we add 'brewers of all levels encouraged. Be that K&K, fresh wort, extract or AG'

At this stage, with the Xmas swap due in Nov. A good time for an off season swap could be Feb-Mar.

Cheers
Paul

Paul, We, most, all do encourage all levels of brewing. Last case swap Leigh had a fantastic beer, Citymorgue had a brew you would cry for on the k&k side, we then had at least 3 undrinkables (infected). Then we had award winning Chris`s "weizenbock", Superhero`s milk stout, and forgive me for all the other great brews I consumed that I forget too mention here.
Good luck!

I'd be in. :party:

Have participated in two swaps, the Xmas in July and a small swap (6 brewers) at Peels place...both were K&K, and my submission to the Xmas swap is also a K&K.

Hope to go AG (probably BIAB) around March-June next year, but in the mean time I'm learning heaps through these swaps! (and thanks for the thumbs up Haysie :D )

Paul, We, most, all do encourage all levels of brewing. Last case swap Leigh had a fantastic beer, Citymorgue had a brew you would cry for on the k&k side, we then had at least 3 undrinkables (infected). Then we had award winning Chris`s "weizenbock", Superhero`s milk stout, and forgive me for all the other great brews I consumed that I forget too mention here.
Good luck!

That's great to hear Haysie. Im certain as you say, most would welcome all home brews
Just wanted to see it hardwired into the concept so we dont inadvertenly screen out any interest.

:icon_offtopic:
Ballarat? I'm boycotting all things Ballarat after the umpires in the recent BFL granny blatantly robbed Darley of certain victory. Handing the flag to Ballarat. It still burns.

Ok lesson learnt. Don't mention Ballarat on here!! ;)
Hope you guys like lagers, given the weather in that part of the world ;)

so do we wanna start a bit of a list and get this thing rollin for a march small swap ??

seems to be enough interest just from the western side of town just to do one out here if nothin else ..

I'm in

Bulp-Screwy's irish red or a Hefeweizen unsure atm

Depending on when/where, I can probably spare a dozen Golden Ale or Australian Ale(whatever is brewed on the 7th Feb!).

Even if I send them with someone else!

Good thinking Barra

Count me in!

Style yet to be chosen.
But will be brewed in the next few weekends.

Are we going to have a limit so I know how many to bottle?

Count me in, I'll be brewing something in the next few weeks... perhaps time again for my wheat bix wit :)

Maybe something in the order 12 or so people is easier to manage, in 750mL glass or PET ?

yes was thinking it would be good to cap it at 12 people, preferably 750 ml glass beer bottles ....

Latest posts

Back