Super 18 Real Rugby

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
Real foot ball is back!!!!

How good for the new competition for the Jaguares (Argentina) to get up by a point over the Cheetahs

Other winners over night

Brumbies thrashed the Hurricanes and the Blues got home against the Highlanders

Wobbly

I'm not looking forward to the Reds game tonight, not after the pre season games anyway. Always a chance of a surprise though.
Larkham seems to be doing a great job at the Brumbies, they're playing very well.

As a Queenslander and a Red's fan, I say with a heavy heart that it is going to be a loooooong season. Although, their scrum is looking stronger. Pity they lack a decent backline.

Bonus point win for the Tahs, great start to the season

Beale's cover defensive effort a stand out

Cautiously optimistic

Cheers

Well, after week one of the Super Rugby season, it's obvious the Australian Conference is done and dusted.

The Brumbies have shown they are the real deal this season by blowing last years finalists off the park and putting 50 points on them. They are obviously focused on the finals already, this being evident by the steely look of determination and absolute oblivion to what else is happening around him displayed by coach Stephen Larkham when I said G'day to him today today at the Canberra Show. ( admittedly it could also be because he has no idea who I am and he had his kids with him)

The Waratahs had an easy win over the Queensland Reds, but lets face it, most teams will have an easy win over the Reds this season.

The Western Force and Melbourne Rebels continued their tradition of winning some and losing some and until they start doing one or the other consistently, no one knows what will happen there.

It might only be the second week of the season, but I'm prepared to put an early call in and state that the winners of next weeks game between the Brumbies and Tahs will decide the winners of the Australian Conference for 2016, and as the game is a t the Brumbies Fortress known as Canberra Stadium, The Waratahs are pretty much pushing shit uphill.

In other good news, while driving past Canberra Stadium in the early ours of Saturday morning, I happened to come across a discarded Brumbies members cap, which will now provide access to all sorts of members attractions at Brumbies home games.

Go the Brums!

The only thing that will stop the Brumbies is injuries. The only thing that will save the Reds is a miracle.

Latest posts

Back