• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Stratco insulated roof sheet (non-beer related)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus_grant

Custom Title Now Available
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We recently installed a Stratco patio and they sent us an extra roofing sheet. I have had it on GumTree and eBay and it is not really shifting. Thought I'd throw it on here seeing we are all cheap bastards and always looking for a deal. I will let it go for $100 as I just want it gone now.

There is a little bit of water damage to the insulation at one end of the sheet but I think it is where you cut off the insulation to fit the gutter anyway, so no harm. I will confirm this fact tonight.

So details:

4.05 meters in length
50mm insulation
smooth cream underside. I'm not sure of the exact color code.

exact Stratco product code
Cooldek CLA/SMTH LH 50 CB-65 CR SE

If it makes a difference, it was ordered as left hand side installation., but I don't know what difference to the sheet.

Cost $360 new. It has been under a sheet since patio went up late December.

Pickup only due to size

56742n2_20.jpeg

Why don't you just build yourself a little computer controlled cold room out of it and place it on the patio?

Should even get the wife's tick of approval as it matches the roof...

I do have a portable air-con unit and have been playing with the idea of a cold-room for my ales. Should be able to use the air-con to maintain 18 degrees or so leaving my little bar fridge for fermenting lagers.

I have almost finished building a garden shed which I could house the air-con and cold room in if there is enough space. But there won't be..

If I lived in a house I would keep the roof sheet and build the cold-room. Alas, I live in a townhouse and space is at a premium. I just need the roof sheet gone. :-( Someone else can grab it and build the cold room.

What's the width of the sheet?

Hey everybody,

I still have this roofing sheet and need to get rid of it. It will make my life indoors easier... :D

$50 or something to value. Any of the following items would be traded for: grain, hops, maybe a hoist/winch for BIAB, impact drill for powering grain mill, bunch of 20L no-chill cubes, 3m * 1m of new turf, some outdoor sleepers for garden edging, etc, etc. Or make me an offer I can't refuse!! B)

Let's see what sort of interesting trade we can get done.

Thanks,
Angus.

happy with the roof, what is it over??? looking at something imilat

Hmm, just realised I have not taken any photos off the patio roof once it was completed. We re-did the patio at the rear of our townhouse. 6m wide by 4m. Dropped the temp downstairs by about 5 or 6 degrees inside our dining area in the middle of summer. We had a fan under the patio during summer and it was fairly comfortable. We do get a fairly nice breeze over the back of our place as we back onto a park area which has a little drainage canal through it which always has a little bit of water in it.

Love the look. Nice smooth inter-locking panels and was fairly easy to put together. Didn't help that the entire building was out of square, the fence was out of square, etc, etc...

Stratco was one of the places to get cheaper insulated panels from. We had someone else out to quote and they wanted to charge us $20,000 for only the heat-proof painted panels including installation and would not do prices on website or over the phone,. You had to talk to a consultant. Stratco did an 50mm insulated roof (I did the install with some mates) for around $5000. I think it was a bit more and I don't think we got a quote including installation.

We did get some nice timber poles elsewhere instead of their metal uprights and are so glad we did. Added a little bit of warmth and character to the patio when compared to the yellow metal patio roof, the grey concrete slab, and building brick walls.

Somehow they gave us an extra panel so I'm trying to get rid of it.

Mate, I'll take it if its going. Happy to ply you with beer, buy you a few, or maybe trade for some sort of drill. Have a no-name corded drill that works well.... and some beers. Don't wanna rip you off. Let me know.... I'm available all week (holidays).....

Nick

Done deal Nick. Does the drill have speed control? I'm using my father-in-laws drill at the moment and it doesn't have a speed control so bit hard to control the trigger whilst milling grain. It has more than enough torque to powder my grain to smithereens..

If you don't use the drill any more I'm happy to trade for that. If you wanted to throw in a couple of homebrews as well I wouldn't complain. :D

Any time after 7:30PM is good as we should have the little fella in bed and had dinner ourselves.

Saweet, done deal. 'Er indoors will be happy to get rid of the sheet.

givemeamash said:
mate, would love to see some shots if you have them
you have already, from what i read he has a 4 x 1 sheet that he has a pic of in post 1

yeah mate, that's right, if you have them as I am looking at a similar thing and am keen to see how it looks

Latest posts

Back