Partypig - Beer dispenser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoney

Reaction score
Does anyone here own one of these?

http://www.partypig.com/Home.aspx

On the face of it it looks like a neat little thing to have for parties, BBQ's, brew club meets, camping etc As it seems like it could be much less fussing around than filling my 9L corny keg, and it appears that it will fit easier in household fridges which is a big bonus too.

You could probably do the old dribble down the side the method to fill it up out of your keg tap, then carb it back up so it doesn't go flat.

At US$55 for a starter kit, its a pity they only retail in the US.

pressure pouch is interesting..

with all that messing about you may as well have a mini keg.. Nice price point though

The pressure pouches could be an option for using TapKing units without modification, if the pouches were available here. Probably better off getting your $30 gift card by returning your tap king unit though.

I've often thought that you could rig up something similar by using a collapsible water container instead of the proprietary "pressure pouch".

water cont.jpg

Put the collapsible water container inside a garden sprayer with the fill hole/tap ported to the outside. As beer is dispensed from the garden sprayer the collapsible water container would be inflated with freely available compressed air (eg. via a bike pump) to take up the volume vacated by the dispensed beer, and in doing so would keep the remaining beer under CO2 pressure.

Could also do this in a fermentor to dispense real ale.

Yob said:
with all that messing about you may as well have a mini keg.. Nice price point though
The problem is that mini kegs need to be kept upright for the diptube to work. From what I can see of this thing lays down on the fridge and the goodness flows out the tap.

Similar to the now discontinued Tapking's

Latest posts

Back