Partial Ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elderfi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I want to do a partial, Im aiming for some sort of pale ale yummy beer thing.

I have a can of LME and 80 grams of Citra,

I know ill have to buy the rest, ie grains ect. But Im not sure what and how much of. Wouldnt mind adding some other hop with the Citra, maybe chinook centeniall or cascade?? What plays nice?

Also what is the best way to keep the mash temp constant? I have an esky and alfoil.

Is this the process: heat water to strike temp, put into esky, put grains in grain bag in esky and mash with some stick\paddle\chair leg\ thing let sit for about an hour pull out bag and rinse or something? then boil liqour with hops and add the boil and LME to FV and pitch when reached pitching temp?

Any advice would be great!

Yeah, that will work.
I have found mashing in an esky with a bag is easier and more effective than trying to wrap a blanket or the like around a pot to keep it warm.
Also you can do a bit of a sparge in the esky too.

Start simple and get some local Joe White Traditional Ale malt. And some Joe White Crystal to go with it.

Try this recipe it's based on a partial I did a few months back, in a 20 litre pot, that worked out great (modified for your ingredients):

19l batch size OG/FG: 1.052/1.015 ABV: 5.4% after bottling IBU: 39

Partial Mash/60 min boil (15 litres, late extract addition), brewed using:

Mashed (75m @ 66.7C, 73C mashout for final 7m):
2.4kg Joe White Traditional Ale
250gm Joe White Crystal 140

1.5kg CBW Golden Light extract (added at end of boil)

Hops:
60 min: 10gm Citra (12%)
20 min: 15gm Cascade (6%)
5 min: 15gm Citra (12%), 20gm Centennial (10%)

Dry Hop (5 days): 20gm Citra, 20gm Cascade

Yeast: US-05, fermented @ 18C

Latest posts

Back