moving FV outside to bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elderfi

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im going to move my FV outside to bottle. Any thing i should be aware of when doing so? Should I unplug the air lock? I have this crazy idea of putting blutack in the top
of the air lock to stop any air from getting in there whilst i move it an avoid sucking in any of the water?

Why move it outside? Just do it where it is, or on the kitchen bench if you don't have space in your brewery.

Pull the airlock out so it doesn't suck back in and don't shake it too much

If you move it your just going to stir up all the shit in the bottom of the fermenter, then you'll need to leave it another day to settle again.

wbosher said:
If you move it your just going to stir up all the shit in the bottom of the fermenter, then you'll need to leave it another day to settle again.
X1, moving it will just stir all the yeast back up...and the time that you have waited for it to clear will have been a waste

Pokey said:
Pull the airlock out so it doesn't suck back in and don't shake it too much
Absolutely pull the airlock out. Think about how long that water has been sitting there and what kind of crap could be in there after a week or two... When you run your brew out you're just going to suck all that crap into the fermenter

I wouldn't be bothered with the blu tac, plenty of people have the lid off of their fv to siphon out their beer so a 7mm round hole isn't anything to worry about.

Latest posts

Back