Long drip tray - anyone tried a shower drain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
Something like this?

I figure cut the drain connector off and seal it up and it should make a pretty good, long, stainless drip tray for a pretty reasonable price.

Thoughts? Anyone used something along this line?

Thinking we might use it for the clubs 8-tap portable bar.

Or factor the drain into the build and the spillage can have somewhere to run?

Why not...

When I get around to building a drip tray for the keezer, it'll definitely be from SS shower drain and have the drain run into a bucket or something a little more discreet on the side of the keezer.

I just haven't got off my ass to build anything as of yet, but plenty on the watch list. Shower drains seem to be the only thing long enough (and reasonably priced) for 6+ taps.

Either that or put your taps through the shower wall. :)

Mmm...Hairdressers do say that beer is good for your hair....

fraser_john said:
Something like this?

I figure cut the drain connector off and seal it up and it should make a pretty good, long, stainless drip tray for a pretty reasonable price.

Thoughts? Anyone used something along this line?

Thinking we might use it for the clubs 8-tap portable bar.
Good idea.
Rejigging the drain to take a smaller outlet for a home brewer it would need some welding done ( stainless) but as these come in lengths starting at 500 mm ,and very adaptable they'd be perfect for a home bar setup and a serious consideration for a keezer.

So ive looking at these a fair bit and the only thing I dont like about them is the width (undecided if I want the ridge around the edge yet). They range from about 60mm to 80mm. There are is one on eBay which is 100mm width but would cost $150 for the 800mm length I want.The base of most glasses fits no worries but the spout of my perlicks comes out about 80mm so you couldnt really have it up against the keezer to pour a beer. You wouldnt really pour a beer like that but it would look funny having it sit there.

But when I thought about it having it mounted from some brackets and 50mm or so away from the keezer could actually look cool. So I am looking at one on eBay for a good price that I might buy over the weekend. If not AliExpress actually has a really good range and alot of them are 100mm width and some cool looking patterns as well. One has the drain over to the side as well which is more practical but not the length I need. I will be buying one soon.

Keezer considerations aside these would look sweet in a really well made counter top setup.

I had the same issue as nosco looking at these - lengthwise theyre great, but the width front to back is just a little slimline.

Yep. On second thoughts although the shower drain would look really cool theres nothing special about my keezer. The KK drip tray are 170mm width which is hard to beat plus the more practicle the shower drains get the more price and ends up being more than 2 x KK trays. PLus easier to hook up a drainage hose too me thinks. SOooo I bitt the bullet and ordered 2 KK trays, and some s189 lager yeast to try

Well, in the end one of the members stuck his hand up and said, nah, I can get my BIL to make something better than that quick as a flash....

Here she is, what a thing of beauty, all for the massive cost of zilch! Thanks FlyinHi. Shown with a full pint glass and a schooner, for size comparisons, it is a full 900mm long.
IMG_20160304_155923.jpgIMG_20160304_155929.jpgIMG_20160304_155938.jpgIMG_20160304_155959.jpg

fraser_john said:
Well, in the end one of the members stuck his hand up and said, nah, I can get my BIL to make something better than that quick as a flash....

Here she is, what a thing of beauty, all for the massive cost of zilch! Thanks FlyinHi. Shown with a full pint glass and a schooner, for size comparisons, it is a full 900mm long.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160304_155923.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160304_155929.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160304_155938.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160304_155959.jpg
Hmm, this could suit my keezer build, I've got 2 metres of the same mesh, several metres of s/s box gutter off cuts and a BIL with a Mig .

Latest posts

Back