Lets Compile A Complete List Of All Aussie Breweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thirsty, I agree on the point you made about all that beautiful equipment sitting around with no-one to use it. Considering most of us are scouring kerb-side collections and local scrap metal yards for parts, it's criminal having 1,200L+ breweries sitting around doing nothing.

I remember the guy at 3 Degrees explaining the whole Fosters thing to me now, a shame Woolworths can't employ some keen homebrewers to put together a 'guest brew' in some of these ex-brew pubs.

The Rifle-Brigade is a shame - sounds like they couldn't be bothered brewing anymore and demand was fairly low for their product. I was schooled in Bendigo (no jokes thanks!) and I can't imagine the clientele being exactly discerning when it comes to beer. Especially considering it's opposite the footy oval on View Street...

Thanks for all the input guys,

I have transferred the info to the wikki and now its public property.

WA is still winning with Victoria in 2nd place. But I know that there are at least a few NSW breweries not on the list.

looks like there is opportunity for aspiring brewers inthe NT and QLD

Cheers

Thirsty

Thanks for all the input guys,

I have transferred the info to the wikki and now its public property.

WA is still winning with Victoria in 2nd place. But I know that there are at least a few NSW breweries not on the list.

looks like there is opportunity for aspiring brewers inthe NT and QLD

Cheers

Thirsty

Too true, it's bloody depressing up here (unless you count the AHB venues :) )

SA
Knappstein Enterprises----------Clare Valley--------http://www.lion-nathan.com.au/Great-Brands/AUS-Beer/Hahn-(1)-(1).aspx

TB: there is also a new brewery opening shortly in Moorabbin, called 2 brothers. Keep an eye out.

+1 FOR VIC

Three Degrees Bar Brewery in QV packed up long ago, but left the tun for show.
It seems the Gunn Island Brew Bar in Albert Park, stopped brewing to "concentrate on a stronger all round food and beverage offer"

Samandra Fuss has abandon us. COME BACK SAMANDRA, Matilda Bay doesn't need you as much as the Melbourne City pub scene does. AT LEAST YOU COULD SELL ME YOUR MASH TUN!

(I'm dirty on her, because when I asked her at the 2005 beertopia whether she would take me on as her apprentice, she filled my sample glass with the regulatory 50ml of 3 lager- out of a Gunn Island tap- and said "get to the end of the queue")

What about amateur breweries like Batz or the bee and thistle?

One for the Northern Territory

NT BREWERY PLAN
Northern Territory News/Sunday Territorian (Australia), Sec. News, p 3 (06-15-2007)
By BEN LANGFORD

THE BEER WE DRINK HERE COULD BE MADE HERE

THE Territory will finally get its own locally brewed beer -- and the brewer is welcoming public input to help choose a name.

A Territory beer lover is starting a new brewery on the outskirts of Darwin and he hopes to have his beer flowing into the taps of Territory pubs within 12 months at the latest.

While the NT is famous worldwide for drinking beer it has not been brewed commercially in the Territory for many years.

Mr Green is setting up his microbrewery in a couple of Nissen huts off the Stuart Highway at Coolalinga.

``It's well overdue to have a brewery in Darwin,'' he said.

``I've been dreaming about it for a long time -- now it's time to stop dreaming and start doing.''

Mr Green, 40, loves a beer and hopes the rest of the Territory will like his, with production starting under 30,000 litres a year but with plans to grow.

He said he would brew a full-strength and mid-strength lager, and maybe a light. The diesel mechanic-turned brewer, said the NT beer drinkers' tastes had changed over the past 20 years and they will accept a different, quality beer.

``Beer is more than beer,'' he said. ``Specialty beer, hand crafted ... in my opinion will be superior to the regular off-the-shelf beer, the commercial beer.

``A good refreshing lager, pilsener, those beers are suitable for the hot climate.

``I believe people don't mind paying a bit more for a good beer.''

Some NT beer lovers were yesterday thinking the name Coolalinga Lager would fit -- you could linger longer with a Coolalinga lager.

And Mr Green plans to develop his brewery into a tavern with retail sales, food and a beer garden.

Planning Minister Delia Lawrie said that an exceptional development permit had been granted for the brewery, which she said would satisfy local and tourist demand for a home-grown beer.

What about amateur breweries like Batz or the bee and thistle?

Well thankyou Brewtus :p Your welcome to pull up a stool at the cave whenever your in town :party:

Batz

Back