Keg Disconnect Not Attaching

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.DJ.

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue where your gas disconnect doesnt hold on the in-post?

filled a keg yesterday, hooked the gas up, put the disconnect on and it popped back up about 3-4mm with gas coming leaking. I can hold it down and keep it there but that aint feasable! <_<

does this mean my keg is stuffed? Or is there a fix?

I also have a leak (in the same keg) which I cant locate... I have used soapy water but cant find it ANYWHERE... Any suggestions on the main leak areas? I think it might be coming from the relief valve but cant be sure???

Will it go smoothly on another keg? First thought that comes to mind is the lip that holds on the post may be worn. Do you get a click if you push down on it?

Try wack some lube on it, then try again. it may be sticking just before it seats correctly.

QldKev

goes on all my other kegs fine...

yeah, it clicks but doesnt hold...

brand new (but used) keg aswell... :(

replace your O ring, that should fix it.

Also make sure the bearings on the disconnect haven't not gone walk about, otherwise you will probably need a new one.

goes on all my other kegs fine...

yeah, it clicks but doesnt hold...

brand new (but used) keg aswell... :(

EDIT: just saw this post. if you have replaced the O ring and that still hasn't resolved the issue, your post might be shot. check it over for any nicks or if the lip that the DC grips onto is malformed (the part that is thinner than on the beer out post).

cheers 4*

Have replaced the o-ring so I'll check the post itself...

lets hope the beer hasnt oxidised in the meantime...

Beer should be ok if you got a bit of gas in there from holding it down, even if though there's a leak in the keg, should still have a nice thin layer of co2 hopefully

Latest posts

Back