John Clarke

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Games was probably the only good show my dad ever got me to watch...

Sad news, he was hilarious

So sad and what a loss. Loved to watch Clarke & Dawe every Thursday night.
Will be missed.

RIP Fred Dagg - may you always keep three hot tallies in the boot for leg openers for the sheilas....

Just saw this. Absolutely bummed by the news. Huge loss.

Star of wonder
Star of light
Star of bewdy, she'll be right
Star of glory, that's the story
Following yonder star .

I know, ****.

I've been trying to find a clip of his I saw on a retrospective special a few years ago, it was him announcing the New Zealand cultural team in the style of a football lineup announcement.

N. Finn.
T. Finn.
K. Tekanawa
etc

Brilliant stuff.

Will be greatly missed, a penetrating whit, and delightfully irreverent view of those who would run our lives.
Mark
Sort of guy who should be welcome in heaven or hell - sure he would give either a right bollocking!
Mark

Very sad news.
"Clark & Dawe" was always so clever and "The Games", well I hope the ABC give that a re-run, because I need to know just how long that 100m track is again.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491804468.525683.jpg

I always look forward to Clarke and Dawe.

This is sad news today

First noticed him when he appeared in some TV ads back in the early '80s. Sort of reprised the Bazza McKenzie character and banter as Dagg, but he was fresher, faster and funnier.

I remember the ads being for Air New Zealand, but this YouTube says they were Qantas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZdT1g5WAk4

Going to miss Clarke & Dawe.

RIP Mr Clarke.

I was a great fan of Dave Sorensen and farnarckling. Don't know it .. Too young.

. Vale, champ.

I went on a binge watch last night. This is a major loss.
There is not enough good Satire in the world for relief for us all to laugh at ourselves and to be presented with our own,,,,faults in such an acceptably humorous way.

I'm not sure if this was posted in the Cyclone Debbie thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back