Italian Spiral Burners Cheap, In Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar Beer

Reaction score
no affiliation etc etc
$59 on special. Cheap as I've seen them. No regulators in stock at the moment.

Cellar Plus in Peel St
http://www.cellarplus.com.au

I'ts getting exciting in my garage. 2 x 50L kegs converted & now 1 x burner. A new manifold for the esky and I've almost got a my AG upgrade together.
Upgrading from very (very) crappy collection of 20L pots, shit temp gauge & braid manifold. Would still recomend crap & cheap AG to kit any day. Beer was awesome.

Cheers

Got a couple of these myself a while ago at this price. Is a good deal. Yet to fire them up yet but looking forward to it.

They know their stuff on K&K and Wine Making but don't try asking about all-graining at CellarPlus unless you want a good laugh! When I asked if they had a basic grain mill two weeks ago for sale they totally freaked out and said that only "commercial brewery places have stuff like that" :rolleyes: Weird thing is I know in the past those guys have stocked stuff like that.

Very cool shop though - particularly the sausage makers and pasta rollers. Not very beer related but cool.

Hopper.

Winequip have been doing around that price for some time as well.

$69 i think at winequip. hairofthedog brought one last week, they reaqlly do work a treat w/ a med pressure reg.

These are great burners. I have been using one for years. If you fit the legs upside down the shorter fatter type of keg fits neatly on the burner at the correct height.

Steve

P&L

Did you actually get a spiral burner or the orange burner on the net

Which outlet did you talk to

I just rang epping and they had no idea what a spiral burner was but told me the orange one would do the same thing
He did mention another burner they had but it was $69 (possibly the italian spiral)

The net doesn't have a picture of the italian spiral

Kleiny

This is an Italian Spiral burner + a H.P.Reg

Italian_spiral___reg.jpg

Thanks SJW

I know what one looks like but try and explain that to the italian lady at epping

If they had more pictures loaded on the net their probably wouldn't be an issue

Have you seen the orange one same frame as beer belly's but different jet layout to SJW's and beer belly's

Kleiny

Bought my two at CellarPlus Peel St North Melb, don't know about Clayton. Went into Nth Melbourne store only last week and didn't see the big discount stickers on the items that were there when I bought two months back - that's not to say the price isn't what P&L says it is.

They look just like SJW's but with a boxed stand around them with four legs.

CellarPlus have two different types of spiral burners in stock - from memory the orange ones were slightly more expensive but only $10 more (orange ones were $69, black were $59). My two are on black steel stands (didn't see them on website), so they look the same as the picture on the website but in black. Was told a medium reg is the way to go for 50L vessel.

Hopper.

I bought one of these last week for $38 from my local mitre ten exactly the same but its a primus, i have it hooked up to a adjustable reg and its gets a good flame, will be testing it when i brew tomorrow

Does their Clayton store stock the same range of gear?

I saw the Black one at Clayton store last friday and was very impressed with the price.
Just checking out if I want to do AG yet.

The price AFAIK doesnt include the regulator and hose.

I saw the Black one at Clayton store last friday and was very impressed with the price.
Just checking out if I want to do AG yet.

The price AFAIK doesnt include the regulator and hose.

I've just confirmed this as I nicked off early and picked one up on the way home. :beerbang:

What a great price, the lady hadn't actually heard them referred to as spiral burners before. I think these are cheap because they mainly sell them for tomato sauce making, but it's quite a few months away yet.

Unfortunately they didn't have any medium or high pressure regulators in stock.

OK, to clarify

Mine is definatley a spiral burner, a black one (didn't know there was an orange one). It has a 4 leg stand and looks exactly like ones on BeerBelly for $90 odd, but mine has a great big "MADE IN ITALY" stamped into the frame.

Not sure what is in Clayton or on the web site, but there is certainly a stack of 3 of these for $59 just inside the door of the Nth Melb shop. Big sign on them advertising the special. The staff there asked me if I was using it for HB and what volume (then recomended a med or high reg) So they know enough about these in the Nth Melb shop anyway.

Cheers
Paul

What a great price, the lady hadn't actually heard them referred to as spiral burners before. I think these are cheap because they mainly sell them for tomato sauce making, but it's quite a few months away yet.

Unfortunately they didn't have any medium or high pressure regulators in stock.

They told me the same about the tomato sauce thing - said most people use them to boil up 44 gal drums of tomatoes.

Did you go to the Nth Melb store Afro? I was hoping to pick up a couple of medium regs (they quoted $38 per reg last time). Do they not have any there? The valve on the end seems smaller that what a regular bunnings fitting would take - so I thought it best to go back to Cellar Plus.

Hopper.

I have one of the burners with the orange frame. Works very nicely with a standard regulator, supposed to be pretty sweet with a higher pressure one. Got mine at the Clayton store for $69

I have one of the burners with the orange frame. Works very nicely with a standard regulator, supposed to be pretty sweet with a higher pressure one. Got mine at the Clayton store for $69

SupraJim,

Are these burners loud like those Nasa jets burners? Or are they more like stove top burners?

as fents said i got the orange one with stand from cellarplus epping last week for $69 hooked it up with a med pressure reg works a treat boils 100lts no probs

Latest posts

Back