International Beer Collector - experiences, beers, etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489661430.754519.jpg

Divine.

Brunehaut is weird. Odd cereal flavours, some banana and an initial parmesan hit.

Hard to discern what relates to gluten free and what's fermentation/whatever related. Not my friend tonight though.

Not a fan of the brew by numbers tett/crystal.

The ganstaller brau Zoigl (zwickelbier) on the other hand is delicious.

Anyone who thinks lagers are plain or boring (I don't) should try this one. Absolute cracker, fresh as a daisy.

manticle said:
Brunehaut is weird. Odd cereal flavours, some banana and an initial parmesan hit.

Hard to discern what relates to gluten free and what's fermentation/whatever related. Not my friend tonight though.
I enjoyed this as my first beer tonight. Agree with you on the character (minus cheese though).

Mouth feel was good and I'm always partial to a strong dose of alcohol.

I've been putting off the Flemish red from last month... but my wife served it up poured and bottle for reference.

Goodness me, I am really struggling. You sour lovers... you're drinking vinegar!!

Just kidding. I'm trying, hopefully one day I'll discover the bliss many of you rave about.

I'm with you Zorco, wasn't a fan was thinking of red wine vinegar the whole time. I've only liked low sour Berliner weiss' with a truckload of fruit thus far.

They've got some nice extras at the moment.
Shared Gulden draak ltd aged in whisky barrels last night (28.95 for 750mL) and just ordered de molen bourbon barrel aged stout ($14), n'ice Choufe xmas ($5) and something else for a silly low price.

Mmmm

I'm hanging for Westy 12 to become either a monthly or extra!!

Well things have changed in my house...

My wife eagerly waits for the next package
She opens them and puts them all in the fridge

Then last night, keen for a beer, she calls me and asks intently for one....but I want to drink (or at least try) them now.
Rushed to DanMurphys and picked up a box of Little Bling from Bridge Road to keep her distracted.

Dunno lads, I think she will take over my SMS notifications too soon..... Will have to read this forum to remind myself of the wonderful beer life I had ever so briefly...

First one out of the pack for me is poperings hommel.
All creamed corn and alcohol for me. Curious to know if it's just me - web reviews seem pretty positive. Not likely to persist though- mine is pretty bad.

My strawberry stout got broken by the courier but IBC are swift to replace damaged goods and got the remaining 5 intact.

Above negative is reflective of beer and courier respectively.
Positive is reflective of IBC

Tipped above and tried the de graal trivierus in place.

Fresh bread, very refreshing, light body and almost minty.

Good beer, could clean my teeth with it if I had a few more.

The little 3.8% Lemon and Thyme Saison is an absolute stunner, Its made in London, worth Googling up the brewery, located under railway arches in the middle of London, just a couple of km's from Big Ben.
One of that new family, known as Grisette, there is another lurker from the same brewery a Ginger and Rhubarb, Jason said these two aren't available commercially (no bottle shop or restaurants) club members only.
Mark

Interesting.

Had my doubts about the ginger rhubarb (not usually a fan of ginger in beer) but will approach with an open mind.

Lemon/thyme saison works in my head though.

Strawberry stout had bit too much citrusy strawberry for me. It sort of amplified the bad parts of the roast in the stout. Not a horrible beer but nowhere near as amazing as the caramel fudge stout from last month.
Ginger rhubarb still didn't decide whether I liked it by end of the glass. Was definitely interesting!

First one out of the pack for me is poperings hommel.
All creamed corn and alcohol for me. Curious to know if it's just me - web reviews seem pretty positive. Not likely to persist though- mine is pretty bad.

My strawberry stout got broken by the courier but IBC are swift to replace damaged goods and got the remaining 5 intact.

Above negative is reflective of beer and courier respectively.
Positive is reflective of IBC

Mine was nice, dry, bitter and peppery/spicey. Almost like a strong Saison Dupont without the funk.

So far all of this month have been tops. Some really lovely strong blonde/abbey/tripel types. Also my broken strawberry stout was like a hydra - IBC replaced the one with two. Found the first a tad 'strawberry syrup' but will try the second today while brewing for the first time in seven or eight weeks and see if my experience differs.

Once again my 6er was a 4er due to courier clumsiness. This time they repacked the dropped box with a chux (I stress 'courier' NOT IBC).

Anyway, cracked brussels calling - aroma is sweet bread/dough and loads of fresh orange/citrus. Pours cloudy pale (bit dark in the house but straw/ gold-ish. Carb medium, orange and bread both carry through with some bitterness that is associated in my mind with citrus pith. Getting a touch of astringency on the side of the tongue too. Really nice beer if the astringency was gone and the bitterness smoother. Very small hint of washing detergent in there.

Still decent finish for a Tuesday.

Papegai - pours really hazy, very low head, no retention.

Aroma of mandarins, porridge, baked soft bread.
Mandarin in the flavour, small hit of alc, slight tingle in the tongue like you get from the spritz in citrus zest. Carb very low.

A beer I'd happily revisit - presentation is underwhelming but quite a delicious beer and very much its own thing.

Latest posts

Back