Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew cow

Reaction score
Is there any hobby hop growers in the Perth / South West who are selling rhizomes, not fussy of type.

Cheer's

Jas... :D

Is there any hobby hop growers in the Perth / South West who are selling rhizomes, not fussy of type.

Cheer's

Jas... :D

Hopswest BC, give it a few months and he'll have heaps up on ebay. I'll be putting up my cascade for swaps this season.

There are some on ebay already.

Mine haven't finished growing from last season :unsure:
There was a bit of a cold snap and all the vines died and was waiting for them to completely die off before relocating them but now I've got green shoots again.

Brew Cow: Most people won't post hops to WA due to our stringent plant matter laws. There are some people who go to all the trouble and some that grow within the state (Hopwest). I'd also send an e-mail to Nev at Gryphon Brewing to get on his mailing list if he's got any to sell this year. But as the others have noted, a little early just yet.

I'll be looking come September too....

Hey brewers , I've just received an email from Sandy in tassie regarding Hop rhizomes , hope he doesn't mind me posting it here while he gets flooded with emails. :unsure:

Sent: Tuesday, 26 May, 2009 1:38:23 PM
Subject: RE: enquiry regarding Hops for sale

The following varieties should be ready in a few months. Let me know what you want and I will put you on the list:

Hallertau
Hersbrucker
Perle
Tettnang
POR
Nugget
Columbus
Cluster
Mt Hood
Chinook
Wurtemberger
Tardif de Burgoyne
Prococe de Burgoyne
Kent Golding
Fuggle

Cost is $25. Freight is $7 for one or $11 for up to 5

Cheers

Sandy Ross
Managing Director
Hopco Pty Ltd
Phone +61 3 62435960
Fax +61 3 62435397
Cell +61 (0)403 005 248
Email [email protected]
Website www.hopco.com.au

Edit : removed extra line spacing.

I emailed him today with a question, and the bigpond address is the one.

I am unsure, I put my name down for a couple a while ago, and I assume I will be contacted later in the year re: those.

Latest posts

Back