Fruit In Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I wanted fruits with my drink I drink cordial....

Other people just go to a gay bar.

Its views like that are holding back innovation and experimentation in the microbrew scene over here. Thanks very much.

Its views like that are holding back innovation and experimentation in the microbrew scene over here. Thanks very much.

Why, not enough fruit or too many gay bars ????

I have even heard of some brewers throwing bananas into their beer, I think that is taking the term "adding a bit of banana" a little too literally :huh:

I have even heard of some brewers throwing bananas into their beer, I think that is taking the term "adding a bit of banana" a little too literally :huh:

Its meant to be horrible... the banana goes all grey. Fruit in beer is not such a new concept.

So, is it gay to score a first plcae in the NSW state homebrew comp with a passionfruit lager?

and further, is it gay to brew a fruit beer that might increase one's chances (of whatever) with a woman (for example)?

One more question: How many gay bars have you been to that only had fruit beers?

questioning Seth :p

Its meant to be horrible... the banana goes all grey. Fruit in beer is not such a new concept.

It works better when the banana is used to bake bread, then that is added to the mash (see Wells Banana Bread Beer).

Why, not enough fruit or too many gay bars ????

Some of the best and most creative beers I've ever tasted have had fruit added to them, or been aged in vessels which previous contained fruit (i.e.; grapes). Unfortunately not many brewers in Aus are experimenting with this, as they simply can't sell them. People over here just aren't open to something different, and prefer to stereotype it into something ("fruit beers are for women!").

If I wanted fruits with my drink I drink cordial....

Other people just go to a gay bar.

People can shove whatever they want into their brews. Me, malts, hops, water, yeast sounds fine to me.

My apologies for the gay jokes - I can't even spell homophobic, let alone be it !

anonymous_beer_all_a_man_5000947.jpg

Isn't diversity of flavours one of the reasons why we get into brewing?
One of my best beers has been a raspberry blonde, and I recently did a mulberry stout.
Will happily do more fruit beers in future.

I heard that the straight banana's are better then the bent banana's.

For the brew, not the gays :huh:

Oops. Waiting for PM from Mod any minute now. :D

I haven't read the article but I am a big fan of fruit beers, provided they are done with fresh fruit.
I haven't had many truly great fruit beers that weren't made with fresh fruit.
Extract or anything else mostly doesn't cut it for me, but I'm happy to be proved wrong...

Cantillion Rose de Gambrinus is still one of the best beer experiences of my life...

I've made fruit wheats that have been enjoyed by beer lovers and dedicated non-beer lovers alike...

Cantillion Rose de Gambrinus is still one of the best beer experiences of my life...

You should try the Cantillon Framboise (1979 vintage) that they still have bottles of at the Kulminator. Absolutely incredible, still such vibrant fruit flavours after nearly 30 years.

My cherry wit is very nice and as dry as soot , nobody yet has called it a "gay drink" whatever that is? :blink:

My cherry wit is very nice and as dry as soot , nobody yet has called it a "gay drink" whatever that is? :blink:

No one in this thread has called fruit flavoured drinks "GAY" nor put any connotation to that fact.

But I am worried you've been drinking / eating / snorting soot to be able to recognise it as a fruit beer attribute !

No one in this thread has called fruit flavoured drinks "GAY" nor put any connotation to that fact.

But I am worried you've been drinking / eating / snorting soot to be able to recognise it as a fruit beer attribute !

Fatgodzilla, Your shovel keeps getting bigger. Shovel or your hole, 1 or the other :lol:

Latest posts

Back