Forgot To Dryhop...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba Q

Reaction score
As the title would suggest, I have forgotten to dry hop. The brew is sitting and about 1010 now and has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks. Will there be any problems with chucking the hops in now and leaving it for another week or should I forget about dry hopping this one at all?

No time limit mate. Drop some in. You can even dry hop and cold condition at the same time.

I often hop with hop tea on putting into cold crashing - you get a flavour and aroma hit without vegetation in the brew. However some varieties like Fuggles, Hallertau and Tettnang can give a grassy flavour but that mellows out later. Some of the US varieties like Cascade you can actually put hop tea in the keg or bottle and it works.

I often hop with hop tea on putting into cold crashing - you get a flavour and aroma hit without vegetation in the brew. However some varieties like Fuggles, Hallertau and Tettnang can give a grassy flavour but that mellows out later. Some of the US varieties like Cascade you can actually put hop tea in the keg or bottle and it works.

I'd like to add Galaxy to that "grassy" dry hop list. Lawnclipping APA!

Latest posts

Back