Flat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timryan

Reaction score
Gday guys i open a bottle of canadian blonde last night after being in the bottle for a week.. Yes and it was flat there were some bubbles.... Is this a concern of was i just jumping the gun too early.. I used 330ml screw top stubbies and 1 carb drop... Any ideas what might be the issue... Cheers Tim

Gday guys i open a bottle of canadian blonde last night after being in the bottle for a week... Any ideas what might be the issue...

The first bit answers the second bit. Patience. Probably carbed at 2 or 3 weeks, but will be better at 4 weeks onwards.

depends on the temperature you are storing them at too. Up here my bottles carb up in a week but the average temp is high 20sC. If they are being kept in the cold bring them somewhere warmer for a while.

Otherwise a +1 to what Lecterfan said

To soon to tell at 1 week.. I know your keen but stay away for 2 weeks or more... :D

a month would be the ideal time. until then you'll have to make do with the bottle shop.

I was initially underwhelmed by my Canadian Blonde - until 8 weeks old, when it turned into a beauty.

Latest posts

Back