Cheap Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerdrinkingbob

milk is for babies......
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

No affiliation but just thought I would quickly share that a bargain can be had at Crown Concepts if you aren't already aware. I just brought 1 x 60 ltr fermenter 7 x 30 ltrs fermenters, six taps and 2 x 20 ltr cubes for $140. Before you think Fasty73 has made a come back, i have purchased for a few brewers :chug: .

Cheers BDB

Where are the located? The site won't load properly for me

They're in Melb, Cheltenham

Edit: Ph 03 9532 1818

Cheap shit and friendly guy who's good to deal with.
The blue "22 litre Army style Jerry" have a tap hole/thread and due to the geometry of my fridge are fast becoming my preferred fermenting vessel.

Edit: My Jerry's say they are 25L, but they look the same as the ones on the website.

Cheap shit and friendly guy who's good to deal with.
The blue "22 litre Army style Jerry" have a tap hole/thread and due to the geometry of my fridge are fast becoming my preferred fermenting vessel.

Agreed Adam is a top bloke and very helpful.

Just been looking at the 30 ltr fermenter and it's the same as the one I recently paid 38 large for..... think I sent someones kids to private school!!

The 30L fermenters I bought from Crown are exactly the same as what I bought from LHBS and a fraction of the price. Might go and grab a couple more before he puts the price up to align with the homebrew market :eek:

Might go and grab a couple more before he puts the price up to align with the homebrew market :eek:
You should be safe, those prices have been the same for more than a year now (there are some old forum-threads about it).

Damn!! I made the trip over on Monday but they were all out of 60L. I got a few 30L and 20L (actually 25) cubes to make the trip worth while. Cheap as of the same standard of the HB stores.

Damn!! I made the trip over on Monday but they were all out of 60L. I got a few 30L and 20L (actually 25) cubes to make the trip worth while. Cheap as of the same standard of the HB stores.

I called him before I left on Tuesday fortunately, he was out then too, lucky I had some time off so went there yesterday.

What are you planning with all those cubes, some sort of lab :ph34r:

Got the cubes for the big biab inspired by QldKev and ekul. Only got four of the 20L cubes but meant they hold 23L. I dont think I would have the space for 25 cubes...if only :drinks:

do they all have the wholes to put taps in? would mind getting my hand on at least 1 or 2..

I can recommend Crown Concepts, went by this morning and grabbed 2 x 20l cubes and a handful of taps to replace my older ones. Very cheap and happy to deal in small quantities.

Plenty of 15L, 20L(Cube), 25L(Cube), 30L and 60L fermenters.

Edit: Yes, Time, they have holes for taps.

I can recommend Crown Concepts, went by this morning and grabbed 2 x 20l cubes and a handful of taps to replace my older ones. Very cheap and happy to deal in small quantities.

Plenty of 15L, 20L(Cube), 25L(Cube), 30L and 60L fermenters.

Edit: Yes, Time, they have holes for taps.
I am not sure if his jerry cans have arrived yet. Should be around now. I have discussed the issue with him about prices and he doesn't seem to be in a rush to put up prices. Judging by his fishing boat parked inside, he is selling a s$%$load of fermentors. Very pleasant guy. He also had a chest freezer there in the far right corner for $150 a couple weeks ago. Would hold a fair few kegs in it.

R

Crown Concepts were moving location when I was there last week (to just around the corner or some such), so I didn't have a chance to see much or check prices on barrel-fermenters. But 2x '25L' Jerry cans, with lids plus taps cost me a few cents more than $20.
crown_concepts_jerrys.jpg

Latest posts

Back