650 Ml Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crofte

Reaction score
Helo guys

Im just about to bottle my first brew in a fue days. After a visit to Brew n Grow for some bottles the dude gave me a whole box full of 650 ml longnecks. My problem is all my measuring equipment is for 750 ml bottles. Does anyone have the correct measure for a 650 ml.

The beer kit used in my brew is called Bacchus and Barley Bitter. Along with 500 grams of dextrose and 500 grams of liquid malt extract. Does anyone make this brew? What is it like?

Thanks Andrew :icon_cheers:

bulk prime.

much much easier than measuring out individual sugar amounts.

how do you normally measure your priming sugar? if you have one of those scoops, just dont quite fill it. if you go by teaspoons, just add a little less. even if you used the same amount of sugar as you would for a 750ml bottle, its not going to give you enough to blow up any bottles, just overcarb slightly.

+1 for bulk prime

try this page to help here

Cheers,

microbe

Helo guys

Im just about to bottle my first brew in a fue days. After a visit to Brew n Grow for some bottles the dude gave me a whole box full of 650 ml longnecks. My problem is all my measuring equipment is for 750 ml bottles. Does anyone have the correct measure for a 650 ml.

The beer kit used in my brew is called Bacchus and Barley Bitter. Along with 500 grams of dextrose and 500 grams of liquid malt extract. Does anyone make this brew? What is it like?

Thanks Andrew :icon_cheers:

hi ,
try using proportion i.e. 650/750 x 1 teaspoon or 0.87x 1 teaspoon

cheers, alan

It's all well and good to be offering advice on bulk priming, but that'll require an investment in a bottling bucket, and the possibility of something going pear-shaped increases the more complicated things get.

I'd go for the proportional measure suggested.

Sam

It's all well and good to be offering advice on bulk priming, but that'll require an investment in a bottling bucket, and the possibility of something going pear-shaped increases the more complicated things get.

I'd go for the proportional measure suggested.

Sam

While I have the luxury of using a second fermenter for bulk priming, a mate just mixes the dextrose into his primary fermenter very carefully so as not to disturb the trub. He dissolves the dex into a cup or so of boiling water first and seems to get decent carbonation and no noticeable increase in sediment in his bottles.

You can use the below calc to determine how much to prime your whole batch with, or how much to use for individual 650ml bottles if you like.

http://www.geocities.com/lesjudith/Alcohol...Calculator.html

Edit: A food grade bucket can be bought from Bunnings pretty cheap. Can't remember the prices exactly there, but I know that Aussie Disposals has the barrels for $20 and taps were about $2.

http://www.aussiedisposals.com.au/catalog/...x.php?cPath=104

I bottled a few brews into 650's a month or so ago. I used one of those double ended measuring things - one for stubbies, one for tallies, I used the tallies end and filled to about 2mm from the top. Carbonated perfectly. It's a guestimate - but if you don't want to bulk prime it does the trick.

cheers,
matt

PS: I'm quite a fan of the 650ml bottles, a friend got 8 cartons of 30 on the cheap - they look the part. A bit sexier than your average tallie.

Back