Wetpac recipe. Any advice?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kane85

Reaction score
Hi all.

Am only relatively new to brewing despite having owned a kit for 10 years. Have made 3 beers the last 3 months to get back into with the last being a malt extract IPA kit. I followed the basic instructions supplied by boiling for 60min and adding steeped grain towards the end. Where I varied was by boiling the supplied hops, cascade, for 10minutes. I then dry hopped to the fermenter 30g each of motueka and citra. I threw these in loose and at the start of fermentation. I left it in the primary for 3 weeks before kegging to my newly acquired system :D early tastes seem not too bad but I am awaiting carbonation to really find out. This is my first real experiment away from basic kits and wondering wjat you guys think? Am about to put down tje same kit fully to tje instructions to see what the difference is.

Just a quick note, don't put your dry hops in at the start of fermentation, or for 3 weeks at a time. All the hoppy goodness will be lost through the fermentation process, and leaving dry hops in for longer than say (for example) 4-5 days can lead to grassyness coming through in the finished beer.

Do some reading on dry hopping, but I wait til fermentation has finished, and put them in for 3 days before bottling/kegging (whilst I am also cold conditioning)

How did you add your steeped grains? You should only be adding the liquor the grains have been steeping in and leaving the grains behind.

Yeah I read that afterwards :S thanks for the advice though. It wasnt the grain itself I was just lazy with my writing and didnt specify it was the liquid from steeping it.

Latest posts

Back