The Imperial Hotel, Quilpie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Going out on a limb here but has anyone spent any time in this pub? Will be stuck in the area for a bit and want to know if the local is gonna be any better than I expect based on the Fosters Light Ice sign out front. Not expecting anything amazing - hoping for some Coopers stubbies in the fridge, but I won't hold my breath. Meals are also very much of interest.

Its Quilpie Bum.... :rolleyes: Have you ever been there??? Not much there, doubt they will have Coopers, food may be ok being the Country town it is.... :huh:

Call me an optimist. I've never been but I've been Googling the hell out of the place and have some idea of what to expect but there is scant info on the pub (which is not a good sign). I'm not interested in drinking XXXX Gold for the 2 weeks or so I've got to be there and there won't be much chance of doing anything but sitting in the pub after work since I won't have a vehicle of my own.

Give em a call mate and see whats on offer... They may be able to sort something out... ;)

Its a very country town, I had a boxing tournament there quite a number of years ago and it wasnt much.. :(

B.Y.O

I was considering the BYO idea but I've not been made aware of the accommodation arrangements yet and I'm not gonna try to maintain an esky over a few weeks if there's no fridge (especially when every other *******'ll just take my shit anyway). Plus that doesn't help me much in the pub. Well, I guess I can suffer through being on spirits for a few weeks. ;)

Antics of the locals will more than make up for boring beer. :lol: Those country pubs in QLD are home to some pretty unique characters.

Great feed but shitty, shitty beers - QLD VB, XXXX, XXXX Gold, Carlton Mid. That is it total, tap and bottles.

The town's water smells like a septic tank. So glad to be out of the place.

Good job you weren't there 30 years ago. In those days in Queensland the entire range of beers on tap would have been:

XXXX

Of course they didn't even have a label on the side-basher taps - didn't need one, it was just beer. :(

They had homemade labels stuck to the wall behind the side-bashers so it might not be as civilised as you imagine. The staff were all pretty nice though. Actually almost everyone in town was good to us.

I'll still do my best to avoid ever having to go there ever again.

They had homemade labels stuck to the wall behind the side-bashers so it might not be as civilised as you imagine. The staff were all pretty nice though. Actually almost everyone in town was good to us.

I'll still do my best to avoid ever having to go there ever again.

Wouldn`t it be funny if someone sent a copy of your posts on to the pub, and you have to go there again :lol:

stagga.

I'm pretty sure they know my opinion on their selection - I had 2 beers the whole time I was there and I was on the premises pretty much every day. Everything else I am happy for them to read - the food is great and the staff friendly. They may not be so happy with my opinion that the town is a bit of a hole, but it is. So there!

Latest posts

Back