Zombie Apocalypse- What will you eat?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will you eat during the Zombie Apocalypse?

• Brains.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My friends.

• Cat food (Whiskas fish loaf smells pretty nice)

• Chum (or Pal. Not Home Brand, that shit has no chunks)

• I'm a weird prepper dude who has eleventy years supply of picked onions.

• Spent grain dog bickies.

• Other (dolphin etc)

• Total voters
Yeah... but only if you want your zombie sliced into perfect, artistically arranged slices. With rice.

If you just want it efficiently hacked to pieces and no longer a threat I'm not sure the sushi master skills translate that well.

Cold steel... pshaw. Badly made blades for wannabe ninjas and redneck knuckle draggers. If you want good, workable steel go to darkwood - http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=514tpop2sbi43nf4rjob53lkf7

Or there are local bladesmiths who will make to your spec... if you know who to talk to.

Come the zombie (or whatever) apocalypse I'm all set. I grow a bunch of my own food. I brew beer (so I'm handy to keep alive). I have a house full of swords and know how to use them (been doing historical fencing for 20 years). All I have to do is sit tight till everyone with guns runs out of ammo and I'm good to go.

For those who want to get some good steel for zombie defense I would recommend something like this -
2ringlngswd2a.jpg
Can't dig an emergency latrine with that like you can with the throwing shovel though can you?

Twelfty pickled onions, not eleventy.

**** it I'm buying a tank.

spryzie said:
Swords?!

I'd rather my rifle.

(pew pew pew!)
Only until the bullets run out...

And Mythbusters showed that under heavy zombie attack an axe (and by extension sword) is far more effective than a gun.

The rifle isn't for the zombies.

It's for the survivors. They will do as I say. :)

You don't need to waste a bullet - just wave it around like a madman.

Airgead said:
Only until the bullets run out...

And Mythbusters showed that under heavy zombie attack an axe (and by extension sword) is far more effective than a gun.
Depends if we're talking Walking Dead zombies or World War Z zombies. Can you spare a sword so I can duct tape it to my rifle and cover all bases?

Did you know that they have not used the word zombie in the walking dead show? They all call them biters, walkers, dead, etc. Nobody thought of zombie! In WWZ i am not sure either, Some called them zeek others infected.

Edak said:
I want to add that I didn't put beer on that list because it's a luxury, it requires a lot of energy and water to produce. I want to use my resources wisely given that most city built utilities will operate no longer than a few days or a week.

Basically we will be heading out with our minimal camping kit, going on a camping holiday!
i'm the opposite. I figure, if most people are dead or walking dead, I won't last long. might as well enjoy the good shit while you can. get all the good gear and beers and booze and go mental. get so high or drunk that you happily jump off a cliff or grab a shottie and have drunken/high real-life computer game fun!

Edak said:
Did you know that they have not used the word zombie in the walking dead show? They all call them biters, walkers, dead, etc. Nobody thought of zombie! In WWZ i am not sure either, Some called them zeek others infected.
That reminds me off Shaun of the dead
"Is there any zombies out there?"
'Dont call them that.'
"Call them what? Zombies?"
'Yes, that.'
"Okay but is there any out there?"

Edak said:
I want to add that I didn't put beer on that list because it's a luxury, it requires a lot of energy and water to produce. I want to use my resources wisely given that most city built utilities will operate no longer than a few days or a week.

Basically we will be heading out with our minimal camping kit, going on a camping holiday!
Banned.

"All the booze got drunk up in the first 25 minutes of the apocalypse"..."arrowroot tea, nomadic existence" etc. That's one of my favourite adds on the BN podcasts. Mates who hear it for the first time in my brewery (i often have the podcasts on when I'm brewing) are impressed as hell - one dude was even wanting a link so he could download the movie.

I voted for weird prepper as I do have some measures in place for wtshtf. But all those zombie movies and shows are too gory for me; leaves me cold and I can't get to sleep.

The zombies.

Livestock that comes to you to be slaughtered.

Or an 'I can't believe it's not bacon' option?

Oh, sorry, I guess it could fall under the 'friends' category.

Duct tape
WD40
5min Araldite
Cable ties
Bacon
Redskins
Milko's
Milo
Vegemite

Dolphin. The other whale meat.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Duct tape
WD40
5min Araldite
Cable ties
Bacon
Redskins
Milko's
Milo
Vegemite
Mmmm, 9 course degustation !

Your menu starts slow but improves...6/10.

Latest posts

Back