Zombie Apocalypse- What will you eat?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will you eat during the Zombie Apocalypse?

• Brains.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My friends.

• Cat food (Whiskas fish loaf smells pretty nice)

• Chum (or Pal. Not Home Brand, that shit has no chunks)

• I'm a weird prepper dude who has eleventy years supply of picked onions.

• Spent grain dog bickies.

• Other (dolphin etc)

• Total voters

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
Let's all face it. The Zombie Apocalypse is going to happen at some stage and a human can't survive on spent-grain dog biscuits and left over pickled olives forever.

I was feeding the cat tonight and couldn't help but notice the tin of Whiskas sardines and tuna loaf actually smelled like the tins of fish the ladies at work stink the lunch room out with everyday. I won't say I didn't salivate a little bit. And it looked half decent.

Mad Max did it. Nailing cans of dog food out of the boot of the Interceptor to survive. Granted, he was fleeing from mohawk-wearing petrol-hungry dudes, not zombies, but it's not dissimilar.

I reckon, at a nudge, I could nail a can of that tuna loaf when the zombies arrive.

What will you do???

If you get down to the meat of it all, I have been self sufficient for many years. We kill our own beasts and I smoke my own baccy, home brew was the last on our...my list of things to do. It is not zombie oppolipse but homesteading like the yanks have coined it. Find some land and reap its favoures, the land will produce most of it. I grow most of my taxable products, well only one but hops this year will be a first and I am damn good at it. I also grow the norm of corn toms on the veggy garden etc. I hope hops is a s easy to grow as other plants of that genera?

Cheers

So my high protein source will,come form my bunnies my veg from my garden etc. hunt for larger game, in oz won't be such an issue as we have plenty of meat in roos, us on the other hand is fucked... No lare game animals they will have to eat rats and squirrels. Not my thaughts at the moment but when it all hits the fan and shit is not worth what it used to be then food and food production will be king. Maybe try some lacto ferments like crout or added chilli like kimchi Korean lacto ferment. Your peppers...chillis can also be put under lacto for a product like tobacco, you will Nemertea. To use
Chips for the oAk ferment but it is doable.

Those Dine ads used to make catfood look pretty tasty. Anything but those Chub rolls. 95% chicken feet. Anyhoo, good to see this site getting back on track with some valid polls. Jyo, you are a pillar to AHB. Keep up the good work.

I think it would be easier just to be the zombie. You then seem to live longer and always find a snack of some sort...

But really the only plan that makes sense is to grow your own food until you get overthrown by marauders or zombies. Oh and also have a water tank handy.

The absolute first thing I will do if this ever occurs though is to drive as far away from any large population as possible, car loaded up with food, seed/plants, water, tools and a Samurai sword. Less people around=less zombies to worry about.

Lastly I have already recruited my survival crew based on their abilities.

I want to add that I didn't put beer on that list because it's a luxury, it requires a lot of energy and water to produce. I want to use my resources wisely given that most city built utilities will operate no longer than a few days or a week.

Basically we will be heading out with our minimal camping kit, going on a camping holiday!

Eat vegans. The lack of BCAA's in their diets is bound to leave all that muscle tissue extra tender and render them to weak to resist.
Circle of life you know.

The pet food option is a sound choice however.
Proof of concept demonstrated here by the LA Beast.

http://youtu.be/B1ItK79ICS8

Yes, the vegans could be an option. They'd be easy to catch, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou2vJp57m-s

I'll be eating whatever you've got of course, Edak.

You'll be brewing beer for me too. :)

I plan on lashing a samurai sword to each arm, then letting the zombies attack me
I want to be a boss level zombie

sp0rk said:
I plan on lashing a samurai sword to each arm, then letting the zombies attack me
I want to be a boss level zombie
No time for being sentimental, zombies are coming.
Get with the times man.

348027_worx.jpg

What's weird about having eleventy years worth of pickled onions?

spryzie said:
I'll be eating whatever you've got of course, Edak.

You'll be brewing beer for me too. :)
perhaps we could work together and train the zombies to do the brewing, then we would be sorted!

Whatever I want as I'll be invincible with my cold steel armoury.

Bacon, beef, rabbit and Redskins mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQiaurIiDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0McQ-cQmUZA

And what infomercial wouldn't be complete without a knife cutting through a shoe?

Cold steel... pshaw. Badly made blades for wannabe ninjas and redneck knuckle draggers. If you want good, workable steel go to darkwood - http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=514tpop2sbi43nf4rjob53lkf7

Or there are local bladesmiths who will make to your spec... if you know who to talk to.

Come the zombie (or whatever) apocalypse I'm all set. I grow a bunch of my own food. I brew beer (so I'm handy to keep alive). I have a house full of swords and know how to use them (been doing historical fencing for 20 years). All I have to do is sit tight till everyone with guns runs out of ammo and I'm good to go.

For those who want to get some good steel for zombie defense I would recommend something like this -
2ringlngswd2a.jpg

Even if Wusthof could generate more sales if they featured a fat German man slashing some lederhosen stuffed with wurst in half in their ads, I doubt they would.
Must be a cultural thing.

I'd sure like a pro sushi chef in my corner though. Fully ******* sick knife skills. To the extreme.

Latest posts

Back