Your Views On Filtering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boil42

Reaction score
I came accross this bit of gear on the web and query if anyone else is filtering beer in this method.

It has a 1 micron filter. Looks nifty for filtering when racking from one keg to another.

Any comments?

Lance

cartridge.jpg

Heya Boil,
1uM is small and will clog quickly. I would try for 5 or 10 uM if available.
Disclaimer: I haven't ever used one to filter my beers.
chhers
Darren

I am interested in information also... do you have the link to that?.. costs, location etc..

Looks like you would lose a bit of beer in that filter! Maybee you could drink the dregs from it :p

Its from the US. Would be to expesive to get it here due to size and weight.

Busy trying to source from Australia and will post when have price.

Initial costs from local retailers of water filters to high.

At the moment it looks like about $90 with disconnects

Lance (boil42)

Filter - a great way to clean up your beer.....
... all you need then is a great way to clean up/steralize the filter ;)

coldness & Time are my filter

Asher for now

hi boil42
i scored one of these from :ph34r: and took it down to adelaide where it now resides at jayses place.we removed the filter and filled it up with hop flowers.usa idea they call randall the enamel animal.a way different way of filtering your beer. ;) from keg through randall then into your glass.hop lovers delight.
btw i havent used one to filter beer but may get another one to try this for something different.
im with asher though as time and coldness does help clear beer.

cheers
big d

If you really want one nip down to your local hardware shop and buy the filter housing with any size filter you want and a few basic connections, then a couple of disconnects from the hbs. You would have to ditch the filter after each use.
Try filtering with time and skill grasshopper.

Have now tried both the Ferarri wine filter, and the Aqua-Pure (AP11T)http://www.aquapure.com.au/products/house/AP11S-T.shtml
with Xstream fine sediment filter.
Both give simular results, but the Aqua-Pure is easier to use, and quicker, and easier to clean by reverse flushing.
Both were using the pressurised keg system for delivery of beer.
So if anybody wants a Ferrari system, cheap, email me.
Norm

Hi all if anyone wants to know a little about the Ferrari filter and a another few options some Grumpy's members had a big discussion about it
Here

Menzo

I'm with big d and Vlad. Time and coldness.

But i do use much the same method as sosman alot successfully!

Latest posts

Back