You``ll Never See It Cheaper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staggalee

Reaction score
Wolf Blass red label reserve tawny port, $8.89 or $16 for 2, BWS Bris. n/side.
Single price at Drinx =$15.
For the quality and price, I rate it better than Brown Bros, which is a fair effort.
Won`t be there long at that price.

stagga.

Sounds just the job to put in a port stout a-la-reviled.

Yeah, Stagga! Change your mind now! This isn't www.i-prefer-to-drink-tawny-port-straight.com.au!!!1!

Well I don`t know that I`d be adding it to beer, strait belts with a 100ml. glass is my option.

stagga.

Nothing wrong with adding it to beer, in fact it tastes bloody good IMO :icon_cheers:

In the UK apparantly a few people add it to the glass with beer, but if you add it to fermentation some of the port sugars get fermented out leaving you with quite a different taste!

And I used to get strange looks when flying Singapore Airlines if I asked for a couple of lemon slices to go with the port.

Hope they got the same deal up here I am on for couple of bottles.

In my wine days before I got back into home brewing my glass of choice for slamming down a few quick Bortoli Tawny from the 4L cask was a pot. :icon_cheers:

For the quality and price, I rate it better than Brown Bros, which is a fair effort.

stagga.

Here in the Barossa you would be surprised what better bargains one can get ;) . But for the uneducated its not a bad price for an average port -_- The type of weather you Queenslanders get, there would be far better things to drink?

BYB

Here in the Barossa you would be surprised what better bargains one can get ;) . But for the uneducated its not a bad price for an average port -_- The type of weather you Queenslanders get, there would be far better things to drink?

BYB

After the rain over the last few days we are now getting into a series of <10 degree nights and frost on the Darling Downs etc. Bradsbrew and I got into a few stouts this arvo and a nice port wouldn't go astray. :beerbang:

In my wine days before I got back into home brewing my glass of choice for slamming down a few quick Bortoli Tawny from the 4L cask was a pot. :icon_cheers:

All the country bumpkins where I grew up did similar, except they used a butcher.

BYB

Going around some of the different cellar doors, I was once told that you weren't a true Barossian untilyou had drunk port out of a jam jar. I can't say that I have spent any dwelling time in the fabled valley, but port doesn't get much better than out of a jam jar... :icon_cheers:

Now gotta go and watch the Wobblies smash those frogs!

And they are! :super:

p.s. I don't think there is such a thing as off topic in a thread like this, so I will continue!

stagga.
bulk white port in the Hunter Valley, in a 5 litre jerry can.

hahahahahaha

Going around some of the different cellar doors, I was once told that you weren't a true Barossian until you had drunk port out of a jam jar. I can't say that I have spent any dwelling time in the fabled valley, but port doesn't get much better than out of a jam jar... :icon_cheers:

:wacko: :unsure:

BYB

Latest posts

Back