Yet Another Aus wide Bulk buy Grain mill- Malt Muncher (third time lu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golani51

Reaction score
Hello All:

We are the few that have missed out on this lovely bit of equipment. Saw it today and very happy with the quality and finish.

So.......let us get to work. Cost depends on numbers ordered. Will get stated prices as the closing time arrives:

1. Golani51 (Me)

Definitely keen. Spewing I missed last time. Presume its still ok to ship it to hobart?

1. Golani51
2. Rexi

If this is going to happen in a few weeks time, I might been keen.

aydos said:
It might take that long to get to 20 people assuming they are being purchased from KK and thats the required volume discount.

Missed the first, was bumped from the second. Thrid time's the charm.

1. Golani51
2. Rexi
3. eggs

I will keep an eye on this as my marga is just a bit slow. Is this a two roller mill or a 3?

1. Golani51
2. Rexi
3. eggs
4. 8-ball

pending price if you can get the same pricing as the other bb

aydos said:
I am no great rush so personally happy to hold out a couple weeks for you Dont know how many more of these bulk buys can happen.
Would the 16th (or thereabouts) of next month be OK with the group?

aydos said:
I will keep an eye on this as my marga is just a bit slow. Is this a two roller mill or a 3?
It is a two roller. I was at Helles' place on Tuesday and he had one there. As a toolmaker he was happy with the quality, as was I. Really decent price and I am sure we can get enough to justify the discounted price.

Golani51 said:
It is a two roller. I was at Helles' place on Tuesday and he had one there. As a toolmaker he was happy with the quality, as was I. Really decent price and I am sure we can get enough to justify the discounted price.
Cheers for that, how was the crush? Did it just crush the grain or was it tearing the grain. Did it crush it sufficiently with 1 run or did it need a second run? Was there much flour?

1. Golani51

2. Rexi

3. eggs

4. 8-ball

5. LagerBomb

Might as well jump on board - Good price for a mill.
Cheers
LagerBomb

LagerBomb said:
1. Golani51

2. Rexi

3. eggs

4. 8-ball

5. LagerBomb

Might as well jump on board - Good price for a mill.
Cheers
LagerBomb
But you dont know the price yet were only assuming they are the KK mills.

@Golani51...No telling you how to run your BB But perhaps you should clarify that these are the KK mills @ $110.00 for 10+ mills or $100 for 20+ mills. Saves people getting a surprise later on. (And I assume you have contacted KK if thats your supplier and hes offered you this deal)

Tru dat - but going on the assumption that it was a follow on from the other bulk buy threads - if not and pricing is no good, then I won't bother. Nothing wrong with putting an expression of interest ina bulk buy. When final details of the buy are made then everybody makes the decision to purchse.

"@Golani51...No telling you how to run your BB But perhaps you should
clarify that these are the KK mills @ $110.00 for 10+ mills or $100 for
20+ mills. Saves people getting a surprise later on. (And I assume you
have contacted KK if thats your supplier and hes offered you this deal)"
Seems like you are trying to tell him how to run it.

"Hello All:
We are the few that have missed out on this lovely bit of equipment. Saw it today and very happy with the quality and finish.
So.......let us get to work. Cost depends on numbers ordered. Will get stated prices as the closing time arrives:"

Seems like Golani51 stated the obvious in his first post

LagerBomb said:
"Hello All:
So.......let us get to work. Cost depends on numbers ordered. Will get stated prices as the closing time arrives:"

Seems like Golani51 stated the obvious in his first post
Tru-dat...Okay my bad..Carry on.. :)

aydos said:
Cheers for that, how was the crush? Did it just crush the grain or was it tearing the grain. Did it crush it sufficiently with 1 run or did it need a second run? Was there much flour?
Crush is perfect no flour
Tear the husk and crack into pieces depending on adjustment of gap how small the pieces are

Edit ; 1 run through mill

Truman said:
But you dont know the price yet were only assuming they are the KK mills.

@Golani51...No telling you how to run your BB But perhaps you should clarify that these are the KK mills @ $110.00 for 10+ mills or $100 for 20+ mills. Saves people getting a surprise later on. (And I assume you have contacted KK if thats your supplier and hes offered you this deal)
I will be in touch with KK but if there are only half a dozen of us interested, then I can approach him and see what he is prepared to do. I cannot imagine he will up the prices on us, so I don't see there being a problem....yet. Getting 10+ shouldn't be impossible. If the prices aren't acceptable to us then so be it. All good.
Anyway, that being said, we now have 6 champs:

1. Golani51
2. Rexi
3. eggs
4. 8-ball
5. LagerBomb
6. SamB

Im in and I have added super simian with his EOI

1. Golani51
2. Rexi
3. eggs
4. 8-ball