Yet Another AIPA Parody

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds delicious !

"...technically amounts to poison".

It takes me back many years, to when I was first moving away from shitty beers back in the UK. I tried a bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA, and I'm almost ashamed to admit (now) that I hated it...and the arrogant spiel on the bottle stating that if I didn't like it, that's my fault.

Funny how the palate changes. Everyone starts off thinking 30IBUs is plenty, pretty soon you're drinking stuff with so many IBUs, the word 'theoretical' starts appearing on the label.
The path to enlightenment must be earned....and is paved with dead taste buds and brain cells...and dead taste buds.

Danwood said:
Everyone starts off thinking 30IBUs is plenty, pretty soon you're drinking stuff with so many IBUs, the word 'theoretical' starts appearing on the label.
Not this little black duck. I prefer my beers with some subtlety and nuance.

That article was spot on.

Danwood said:
It takes me back many years, to when I was first moving away from shitty beers back in the UK. I tried a bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA,
Takes you back many years indeed. they only started bloody brewing in 2007. Cheeky whipper snapper

yankinoz said:
Right, think.
Who the **** are this Fishdog River guys..

BREW-MASTERS-SAM-CALAGIONE-DOGFISH-HEAD.jpg

Dave70 said:
Right, think.
Who the **** are this Fishdog River guys..

BREW-MASTERS-SAM-CALAGIONE-DOGFISH-HEAD.jpg
Brewdog+Dogfish Head+Flying Dog?

I might post a query about evolving tastes, to or away from brewing APAs and AIPAs. I used to brew them mostly; they're easy to get right, I like them, and every year new hops come out. Now I'm gravitating more to dark lagers, wheats and hybrid styles, but I know others like Danwood (above) moving toward
six-digit IBUs.

Going slightly off topic I would like to know why Americans like to put 'dog' onto the end or beginning of a word, even the Scottish Brew Dog, brewing an American style beer gave themselves a name which will assimilate themselves to Americans.
As for overly hopped beer I am well passed that phase, I believe if you want to mask a poorly brewed beer then go mad on the hops.

Not forgetting Red Dog brewing, Thirsty Dog,Flying Dog, then if you go to how many brews have dog in their name, endless, Kentucky Red Dog card game, most popular call sign Red dog, and what is a Dog Day Afternoon?

Airgead said:
Not this little black duck. I prefer my beers with some subtlety and nuance.
That article was spot on.

I do like hops, yes, but as always it has to be balanced with malt. I'm just as happy with an nice, malty ESB. I'm drinking my smoked ESB with all Bramling Cross right now, actually.

Blind Dog said:
Takes you back many years indeed. they only started bloody brewing in 2007. Cheeky whipper snapper
What evs, pops...many years is more than 5 in my (face) book !

wide eyed and legless said:
Going slightly off topic I would like to know why Americans like to put 'dog' onto the end or beginning of a word, even the Scottish Brew Dog, brewing an American style beer gave themselves a name which will assimilate themselves to Americans.
As for overly hopped beer I am well passed that phase, I believe if you want to mask a poorly brewed beer then go mad on the hops.
My theory is its the white trash equivalent of the 'N' word. Wud up dog?

showposter.jpg

Unless of course you're Snoop Dogg. Then y'all my muthafukin n****s..

Latest posts

Back