Yeehaw, another Texan just joined up!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from Austin, Texas. Live music capitol of the world. I'm looking to learn some new brewing know-how from OZ. I've been brewing on and off for about 25 years.

My brew system is a RIMS Tube system, with two Blichmann 15 gallon boil kettles. I use a 15 gallon Igloo cooler for my mash tun. I have a PID controller, which controls my March pumps and 5500 watt heating elements. I'm currently working on my new brew stand and I'm looking for some ideas.

As a beer fan, I've visited every major brew hub in the US and in Europe ( Dublin, Munich, Vienna, Portland, Seattle, San Diego, Denver and London-Scotland is next year). I've also have attended the Great American Beer festival 6 times. I'm hoping to visit Australia in the next few years.

Cheers!
Circle C Brewer

Welcome Circle C. :icon_cheers:

You've got all that brewery bling and been to all those breweries and your on here asking us for advice??? :D

Then again you know us Aussies know how to do a good brew hey???

Cheers

circle c ? Is that a ranch? Anyways. Why didnt you go with a blichmann mash tun mate? To complete the trifecta. As for the brew stand, are you going to weld it or bolt it?

edit: googled it. Looks like circle c is an estate. Sorry I got excited for a minute. Was going to ask a few lonesome dove questions.

Circle C is a 500 acre Ranch. It's a planned community with all the usual stuff like parks and golf courses. It even has a dozen soccer fields. And yes this Texan loves to watch Soccer (Futbol).

I went with an Igloo cooler, before I had may RIMS system. Since coolers provide much better thermal stability. I plan on welding my brew stand. I'm thinking of doing a modified Brutus stand (still sketching ideas out).

By the way, Dr. Sheldon Cooper is from Lubbock, TX in the Pan Handle area. Home of the Red Raiders, Texas Tech.

Sounds like a good spot to be. Look forward to a few pics of the brewstand. What's the beer selection like where you are?

I have this image in my head that all Texan home-brewers look like ZZ Top, which is of course a great rock band

Got any pics of your rig, CC?

Also, maybe you could share some BBQ or Grilling tips from being out that way? Or is that a generalisation? :p

Welcome aboard.

jaypes said:
I have this image in my head that all Texan home-brewers look like ZZ Top, which is of course a great rock band
Mine are of either bonanza or dynasty, nothing in between. :D

Welcome aboard CC.

Latest posts

Back