Yeasts & Grains At The Jovial Monk

• Thread starter Jovial_Monk
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jovial_Monk

I have ordered some small sachets of:

1882 Thames Valley Ale Yeast II. Slightly fruitier and more malty on the palate than 1275. Well balanced with a clean, dry finish. The source of 1275 and 1882 uses them together to produce a highly complex flavor profile and spicy character.
Flocculation: high; Apparent attenuation: 73-77% 62-72 F

3864 Canadian/Belgian Style Yeast. From a Canadian brewery which produces many styles of classic Belgian beers. Mild phenolics, which increase with increased fermentation temperatures. Low ester profile with a dry, slightly tart finish. Complex and well-balanced, alcohol tolerant. Flocculation: medium: Apparent attenuation: 75-79% 65-80 F

Available July-September

As well I have ordered some other yeasts to keep the range of very fresh yeasts going, while the White Labs yeasts should be here next week.

The next two WYeast seasonals are:

2633 Octoberfest Lager Blend. A blend of lager strains designed to produce a rich, malty, complex and full bodied Octoberfest style. Attenuates well while still leaving plenty of malt character and mouth feel. Low in sulfur production. Flocculation: medium-low; Apparent attenuation: 73-77% 48-58 F

3724 Belgian Saison Yeast. Classic farmhouse ale yeast. Spicy and complex aromatics including bubble gum. Very tart and dry on palate with mild fruit. Finishes crisp and mildly acidic. Flocculation: low; Apparent attenuation: 76-80% 70-85 F

Available October- December

If you want some please let me know

Jovial Monk
PS also some more light UK crystal, some carared and some cara-amber, as well as more rye malt and UK torrefied wheat

gday jm
keep these in mind early june when i visit adelaide.ill pop in and have a mag with ya and hopefully be able to place an order for some of these if you havent recieved any early.

cheers
big d

Back