Yeast substitute for Wyeast Labs 1581-PC

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonR

Reaction score
The Bearded Lady Blackberry Stout

I'm brewing this at the weekend having a few problems getting the yeast Wyeast Labs 1581-PC

Any thoughts of a good substitute

I'm in Perth

Thanks

Jon

TWOC look to have a good range of Belgian yeasts Jon. Give them a call, I’m sure they will be able to suggest a good alternative.

TWOC look to have a good range of Belgian yeasts Jon. Give them a call, I’m sure they will be able to suggest a good alternative.
Will do I'm working in Murdoch tomorrow just around the corner

We had a week in WA last July, loved it. Only two days staying in Perth so no idea where Murdoch is. Good luck with the Belg Stout, sounds delish!

Irish Ale (W1084) would be worth a try, very flexible, dry cool and fruity if fermented a bit warmer.
Mark

Razz
Does TWOK still sell cake making supplies, IIRC it started out as "Tina's Wonderworld Of Cakes" but that's going way, way back into the memory bank. Haven't dealt with them my self but they must be getting close to being one of the oldest HBS's in Oz.
Mark

Irish Ale (W1084) would be worth a try, very flexible, dry cool and fruity if fermented a bit warmer.
Mark
Thanks MHB I have some W1084 washed from my last brew I'll give it a go

You could also blend with W1762 BELGIAN ABBEY STYLE ALE II ™ or T-58 Dry yeast to get a mild Belgian character.

Latest posts

Back