Yeast pitching.....FFS there is enough in pack

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're OT...

If it wasn't for those epic threads like "What are you brewing?" and "What's in the glass?" which this thread probably has no chance in beating in terms of length, I was going to issue the challenge. So what's the aim here? 20...30 pages? Maybe the same number as the number of viable yeast cells Stu seems to think is necessary for an "average" batch? :p

EDIT: Lol, didn't realise I was going to make it 14 pages.

On about page 9 I thought it was done, but that proved me wrong. I would say there's 20 pages in it.

To throw a nappie in the wort:
Has anybody done a side-by-side (2 x 25L fermenters in a fridge, one with 1 x packet of dried yeast, one with 1 x 1-2L starter?) attenuation vs time and taste test?

When I say taste test, requirements are: "aww yeah, it's orright" or "didn't notice any difference aye"; none of this "Beer #2 in the blind test exhibited additional fusel alcohols, acetaldehyde, blah blah..."

Adr_0 said:
On about page 9 I thought it was done, but that proved me wrong. I would say there's 20 pages in it.

Has anybody done a side-by-side (2 x 25L fermenters in a fridge, one with 1 x packet of dried yeast, one with 1 x 1-2L starter?) attenuation vs time and taste test?

When I say taste test, requirements are: "aww yeah, it's orright" or "didn't notice any difference aye"; none of this "Beer #2 in the blind test exhibited additional fusel alcohols, acetaldehyde, blah blah..."
A more relevant test would be comparing a 3 month old smack pack tipped straight in, with a correctly calculated starter of the same liquid yeast.

Adr_0 said:

Firstly, someone already proposed a (somewhat) scientific experiment in which I already asked some relevant questions regarding the methodology. Secondly, if you're only interest in "Yeah, she's right." type of interrogation, what do you care about pitching rates? As Stu has pointed out many times, even without adequate pitching rates you still make beer.

Bada Bing Brewery said:
I need an update from pages 11 to 14. What has happened?
Cheers
BBB
We have introduced largering :D

Bada Bing Brewery said:
I need an update from pages 11 to 14. What has happened?
Cheers
BBB
Mostly OT. Then someone brought it back on topic (oh the fool!). Lol

Whoa. Warra getting sledged.

Is this a first?

verysupple said:
Firstly, someone already proposed a (somewhat) scientific experiment in which I already asked some relevant questions regarding the methodology. Secondly, if you're only interest in "Yeah, she's right." type of interrogation, what do you care about pitching rates? As Stu has pointed out many times, even without adequate pitching rates you still make beer.
...um... may have been taking the piss. :unsure:

Vebal abuse of members will not be tolerated on AHB. Member warned.

Please play nice.

I wish everyone would stop taking the piss and stick to the topic.

So who thinks Labor are going to win the next election? Also if Kevin Rudd was a vial of White Labs yeast, just past best before date, would he still attenuate enough to get the required seats? What yeast is Tony Abbott by the way?

jc64 said:
I wish everyone would stop taking the piss and stick to the topic.

So who thinks Labor are going to win the next election? Also if Kevin Rudd was a vial of White Labs yeast, just past best before date, would he still attenuate enough to get the required seats? What yeast is Tony Abbott by the way?
Tony Abbot is 3068 - all fluff and hot air

I agree with Bum - sledging Warra - that's new ....
A thread for the annals
Cheers
BBB

I hope someone is increasing his warning level at the same rate. It seems to be what he wants.

Bada Bing Brewery said:
Barra or swordfish? Hurry up I need to order
BBB
Apparently we're not allowed to talk about that.

But since someone else is paying - get both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back