Yeast Flavour Following Carbonation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henderjo

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been brewing for around 5 or so years. Still using kits and fresh wort kits. I've never been able to clear an issue and I'm hoping someone can help. Usual brew for me is a fresh wort lager or golden ale and a second brew darker ale from a can kit with additional liquid malt extract, no sugar. I only use a dry premium grade ale yeast. I pitch at 18c and have temp controlled fridge. Once done I drop the temp to 2c to clear the yeast over a few days then rack to a keg. At this point it always tastes great, however once I force carb either in a few minutes, or over 24hrs, I end up with a yeasty after taste... I have tried filtering through a 10 micron (I think) cartridge type filter- but found no real benefit.
Does anyone have any idea why the yeast is only noticeable after carbonation????
John.

Have you always used the same yeast? If so, maybe try and experiment with some other yeast stains and see if it improves.

Latest posts

Back