Yarra Valley Brewers Belgian BeerFest 2015 Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black n Tan

Reaction score
Hi guys, any word on the result of yesterday's competition?

im looking for it as well.

doesnt seem they have their competition listed on their site at all.
http://www.brewerschoice.net.au/html/Yarra%20Valley%20Brewers.htm

there's also the results page on vicbrew: http://www.vicbrew.org but as of a few moments ago, there was no link to any results.

i think i remember seeing a comment in the registration form that they will be sending the results to all brewers... dont know how long that may take though.

would have been nice if it was all on compmaster!

Results are on the Vicbrew site. Congrats on your 1st place Black n Tan! You've been blitzing the comp circuit this year

HoppinMad said:
Results are on the Vicbrew site. Congrats on your 1st place Black n Tan! You've been blitzing the comp circuit this year
Thanks HoppinMad. I am having a good run,but more importantly enjoying every brew.

carniebrew said:
Go the Merri Mashers!
Well done Merri Mashers, a great club performance. Hats off to Mattias for BOS and Best Novice. Better save me a bottle of that one!

Black n Tan said:
Thanks HoppinMad. I am having a good run,but more importantly enjoying every brew.

Well done Merri Mashers, a great club performance. Hats off to Mattias for BOS and Best Novice. Better save me a bottle of that one!
Thanks Black n Tan! I'm stoked with the outcome of the raspberry saison. Congrats to you and your first place! Heard from one of the judges it was a crackin brew!

Both my Belgian Dark Strong and Tripel were only in the bottle 3 weeks and weren't fully carbonated. I guess the residual sugar pushed the Tripel outside style guidelines, but was acceptable for the Dark Strong. Anyway happy with the result and look forward to these maturing over the coming months.

fergthebrewer said:
Well mate that Saison that scored me a 105 was actually my first Saison I ever brewed. It's actually been in the bottle for about six months and held up pretty well, but I think it was better when it was fresher.
Regardless, I'm quite happy with fourth place even if I got beat by 3/4 of a point!!
I reckon your bottle cap must have been prettier than mine haha

(´・_・`)

Well bugger me! after finishing last place in my 1st competition i got a second place with my dark strong ale! and my blonde and strong golden didn't place too badly either! unbelievable!

g

Back