Yakima Valley Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW (for us melbournites at least) i think it works out to be roughly the same price to buy from the local sellers who are retailers on AHB - namely Fullpint & Hopdealzaustralia are the 2 i buy from. No affiliation, blah, blah.

Not sure about some of the others like Brewman etc - i've simply not checked so he/they could be the same.

I just happen to have done a quick price comparison (w HDA & FP) last night on receiving an email from YVH, so i coincidently had the info on the top of the brain pile this morning. (In fact i think the locals worked out ~$25 cheaper when the crap $AUD is taken into account, tho thats for 2014 stock, of course)

I've bought from Yakima and found it to be great but for me, i'd rather support local; especially when the price is the same and i can buy large or small amounts as & when i need it. (Edit: also depends on postage costs i s'pose for other regions of Oz).

EDIT: yeah, while they're relatively new here, i got the impression from (one of?) the owner(s) that they'd been in operation in the US for a while - doing the usual thing of getting it right on a "local" level before they attempted the international efforts. But they definitely seemed to have been growing nicely over the last 2 years.

Back