Ya Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
I though it could be good to have a thread with simple projects for the brewery.

This is for items that you knocked up with a pic of it to give others ideas. If you want to post heaps of project info and heaps of pics then it's probably better to start a separate thread.

To kick off, a couple of things I knocked up this weekend.

Project: March pump mounting

I've been going to put together a decent mounting bracket for my March pump for a while. The other day at work I noticed in the metal bin a strip of 1.2mm mild steel and though that would make a decent bracket. Here it is, easily removable so I can tip any excess water out of the pump at the end of brewday. It will be painted when I clean up the main brew stand for re-painting.

pump.jpg

Project: Fridge fan

Most people with fermenting fridges have a fan to help recirc the air. After the HERMIT build I had some 100mm pipe spare, so I build a duct to help force the air from the very lower area into the upper area where the other fermentor and cooling element is. A bit of spare tape I had laying around and it's up and running.

blower.jpg

QldKev

Nice one. My pump has been temporarily cable tied in place for years... Prob should mount it properly :p

got a spare bracket if you want it mate.

not a bad idea with the pipe and the fan. I just mounted mine with blue tac (which oddly enough was green) at a 45 degree angle in one corner of the fridge.

I'll think about it mate... I'll call you throughout the week

not a bad idea with the pipe and the fan. I just mounted mine with blue tac (which oddly enough was green) at a 45 degree angle in one corner of the fridge.

The fan has always been in there, it has been sitting on the shelf just above where it is now. I just though I would use the pipe to help force air from the very bottom to the top.

I just had another brain fart. Why not build a nice splash protector for the pump. I sent some measurements to my work email and came up with a simpler idea :ph34r:

Recycle more parts from that HERMIT build.

A kettle pump cover, it's will get me through the next couple of years until I build a real one.

From straight on looks ok. Which from under the brew bench is all you will see anyway
25032012989.jpg

Side on it takes it's real form
25032012988.jpg

edit: Just replaced the first pic with one showing it under the bench

ps. The screws in the kettle are a decent grade s/s, so if you want a few small s/s spare :beerbang:

That's a shocker.

I'm ashamed of you guys! B)

Wife went to Brissy for the weekend and isn't home yet :lol:

Best to tell her to stay home from now on Kev.

Only joking mate I think it is out there really. Might even build one tomorrow....where's the scissors?

batz

could take the rust of the bracket though ;) like batz could take another angle of his garden in whats in his glass :p

Good batz I hope the other side is brown and dead coz the view on that side is bloody great!!! although parents live at hunchy and I guess the view would be the same.

I dont run a fan in my fridge and the fan I had was to big for my new collar on the chest freezer so I got none in that ATM

How did you come up with this fact? ie: Where was the survey?
Groan, not another survey...

Hey kev I take it that bracket doesn't let the pump shake about? I'm yet to use my 809 but need to mount it, at this stage the plastic ties sound perfect. Mayhaps a little too high brow for my brewery.

Groan, not another survey...

Hey kev I take it that bracket doesn't let the pump shake about? I'm yet to use my 809 but need to mount it, at this stage the plastic ties sound perfect. Mayhaps a little too high brow for my brewery.

I haven't used it with the new bracket, only just made it up. I assume it will not have any issues as the pump sits fairly smooth, as the impeller head is only magnetically coupled, so any torque from the engine is not transferred into the wort. I had it mounted onto of a cube, and just had 1 cable tie to hold it there.

QldKev

Noticed you've been pretty active in the brewery mate. Doesn't the 3V produce as much beer as the quad BIAB? :)

HOws the single rig coming along?

Back