Xmas in July Lotto

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALRIGHT- NAME DROP PLEASE!
I'm home, filing all the beautiful bottles into my fridge, but some just have these "real" names...
Feedback to come
I will say @barls , I have noticed quite a few new hairs on my chest today..

Well mine is in a 500ml bottle with original labels. Black cap with a T and date.

Mines a non descript PET bottle with no markings whatsoever. But if you look closely on opening a little ray of Queensland Sunshine will be sure to escape. :D

I'm home, filing all the beautiful bottles into my fridge, but some just have these "real" names...
Feedback to come
does this mean you drank and liked the doppelbock i sent

does this mean you drank and liked the doppelbock i sent
Ok, here goes!

Barls' Doppelbock.
Woah!
I've never had a Doppelbock before, so this was a great 1st.
I cracked the bottle and it poured a rich brown, although there was little head, the lacing hung around on the glass, I have read that the higher alc. Content in the style may drive away the head.
The taste was malty and sweet to start with, then Ka-Pow! Wow, I sprouted a new chest hair!
This is a beer made for men!
As it warmed in the glass, the Doppels character came through more & while I'd like to articulate further, my beer judging skills are non existent..
I will say, this is not something you would kick back and watch the footy and have a session on!
Sitting by the fire, and sipping on this big fella, was just the ticket on a cold Mildura night.
For someone not familiar with a Doppelbock, I would call it the Tawny Port of beer.
Feel free to slam my review haha!
Thanks Barls!

Ok, here goes!

Barls' Doppelbock.
Woah!
I've never had a Doppelbock before, so this was a great 1st.
I cracked the bottle and it poured a rich brown, although there was little head, the lacing hung around on the glass, I have read that the higher alc. Content in the style may drive away the head.
The taste was malty and sweet to start with, then Ka-Pow! Wow, I sprouted a new chest hair!
This is a beer made for men!
As it warmed in the glass, the Doppels character came through more & while I'd like to articulate further, my beer judging skills are non existent..
I will say, this is not something you would kick back and watch the footy and have a session on!
Sitting by the fire, and sipping on this big fella, was just the ticket on a cold Mildura night.
For someone not familiar with a Doppelbock, I would call it the Tawny Port of beer.
Feel free to slam my review haha!
Thanks Barls!
mate I'm just glad you enjoyed it and finally have a new hair on the chest.
it is big its top end of the spectrum at 12.5%
one thing i got taught when i did the judge course is there is no wrong answers so long as you can justify what you say.

mate I'm just glad you enjoyed it and finally have a new hair on the chest.
it is big its top end of the spectrum at 12.5%
one thing i got taught when i did the judge course is there is no wrong answers so long as you can justify what you say.
Well, I just hope it made sense and wasn't absolute dribble !:phew:

I use an iPad and send from my camera roll where it says upload a file next to post reply.
I can't work out how to do it on a PM but ?

I use an iPad and send from my camera roll where it says upload a file next to post reply.
I can't work out how to do it on a PM but ?
For a PM you can add an image to your gallery then add it using picture button next to the smiley button. :)

Feedback to come

Mines an unmarked brown PET with a galaxy pale ale. Tastes like S&W pacific but the colour is a standard pale ale colour. Hope u like it if you haven't had it yet [emoji16]

Mines an unmarked brown PET with a galaxy pale ale. Tastes like S&W pacific but the colour is a standard pale ale colour. Hope u like it if you haven't had it yet [emoji16]
Chap, yours is nestled in the fridge with the others waiting patiently, might give it a nudge tonight.
Cheers, Brock

Feedback to come

Mines in a brown PET bottle with black cap... I think I put a pink, funny shaped post it note on it...

2cranky your crazy8 is beaut, nice smooth bittering, goood hop flavour, nice malt background. Still working my way through it, but enjoying every mouthful.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    677.5 KB · Views: 92
2cranky your crazy8 is beaut, nice smooth bittering, goood hop flavour, nice malt background. Still working my way through it, but enjoying every mouthful.
Hey mattfos,
Thanks, hope it's held it's carb. It's definitely my most popular brew amongst my neighbors. :)

Dr Smurto's Russian Imperial Stout.
So I didn't listen properly & poured the Russian while it was still a bit cold ( sorry Mark!)
However, the RIS not being the type to just tip back, it got a chance to get to the correct temp and as it warmed, I got to know it a bit better...
It was rich with the stickiness of dates & raisins and as bitter as a winters evening in Saint Petersburg.
By the second pour, the RIS was at the room temp, I had my shirt off and was out the back fishing with Vladimir.
Very nice Dr.
Thank you for the RIS.
Brock

Back