Xmas-in-July Caseswap 2013 (SE QLD)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot to those who brought along stuff to help the day run smoothly. Good call with the date rolls Nick. Now we need some sucker generous soul to host the Xmas-in-Xmas one.

Should start the tasting thread I guess...

Thanks so much everyone for such a good night. Perry and Anna - you guys are amazing hosts and you have the most impressive bar! See you next time.

PS our swap beers may not have a number on top, but a very descriptive label on the side! We'll get the number sorted next time!

Cheers, Gav and Craig

gav21 said:
PS our swap beers may not have a number on top, but a very descriptive label on the side! We'll get the number sorted next time!

Cheers, Gav and Craig
I had the ginger wit last night - very delicious and refreshing

Liam_snorkel said:
I read the very thoroughly written label on that and thought - I can't wait to try this one.

I'll also note how nice it was having all the same size bottles - made bottle surfing much more enjoyable :)

Thanks for the feedback. Ive been trying a long time to make an alcoholic ginger beer which tastes good. But it seems as soon as you add ginger in the boil you end up with a cidery flavour I dont find as refreshing. Simply steeping ginger in cold water for 24 hours gets a pretty good result. Decided on this one to add more while in secondary for this reason.

Might actually omit it from the boil completely next time. Wondering whether the type of ginger has an impact also. Anyone who has any experience or feedback please let me know!

Liam_snorkel said:

lukiferj said:
Forgot to add thanks for the sticker on my car Batz :beerbang:

My pleasure.

Thanks again everyone for a great night as usual!

A lot of fun was had, but being outdone by Rossco The Short and Wombil left a slightly bitter taste to it. At least that lead to the '******* insane' comment which was one of the highlights, so all good.

Special thanks to Anna for cooking that breakfast in the morning, was definitely one of the best I had in a long time.

Perry, I'll save those left over beers for another occasion.

Just found a 5 minute video on my phone, mainly of Wombil playing his 'instrument' and Rowy singing along, plus a good shot of all the spectators. Might upload that a bit later, hoping not to offend anyone.

EDIT: Clarinette

Who made the red lentil beer please?

Batz

Yep, I'm guilty Jeff....

Who brewed the watermelon sour? I would love to brew a beer like that for summer

NickB said:
Yep, I'm guilty Jeff....
What was the go Nick? Just some red lintels in the mash?

I actually found it quite interesting and some locals here liked the sound of it as well.

Batz

There were quite a few commendable beers on tap that day, I really liked the Brown as well, but can't recall any I disliked. Bung up the recipe for the Red Lentil please Nick, (could go well with an egg curry).

The Brown was yummy. :drinks:

Back