Wyeast Substitute

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
Hey Gang.
Im doing a english bitter on the weekend, and the recipe calls for Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire, however i cant obtain it Atm, so im wondering if 1275 Thames Valley Ale would be a good replacement?
Anyone reccomend it or another good one?
Its Smurto's Landlord brew by the way. Cheers

Check Gryphon Brewing site for Proculture Wood Ale liquid yeast, the same strain apparently. Don't worry about them being in Perth, I'm in QLD and it arrives cool. Otherwise Ringwood as suggested.

I'm having great results with the wood ale, just did a TTL type ale and brilliant.

Hey it should be about time for 1469 to be issued again this year, what are they playing at, or is it an every-second-year event ?? <_< <_<

Jigswaw, see your'e in Warwick... order right now and you should get it by Friday.

I just brewed a round of ales with the Proculture Wood Ale yeast. I must say I have not used an ale strain in quite some time that has impressed me this much.

1469 is excellent if you can get it, but I haven't tried all the suggested alternate strains in a Landlord so I'll defer to our esteemed bretheren who have. Ringwood would be fine, I've tried 1275 but I'm not sure about it, while there would certainly be worse choices.

The Proculture strain has quite similar characteristics apparently. ;)

Thanks for the fast reply's gents. I think i will run with the ringwood, sounds good. Cheers

Latest posts

Back