Wyeast In Post

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mashout

Reaction score
one damm thing living in rural wa that IGA doesnt have much of a range of homebrew so most orders are in the post how good is wyeast in the pony express aka aus post 3-4 days, waited till winter to keep temp down too .....

right time of year, get it as local as you can and try for someone who can/will put ice packs in.

I get mine shipped from Craftbrewer, packed with a ice pack(they wrap em real good, onya Ross), takes 4 days to get here normally...no problem.

Try and get it shipped Monday from supplier so it doesnt hang around with aussie post all weekend.

one damm thing living in rural wa that IGA doesnt have much of a range of homebrew so most orders are in the post how good is wyeast in the pony express aka aus post 3-4 days, waited till winter to keep temp down too .....

Depends where you buy from.
The sponsors at the top of the page normally express post with ice/cooler beads.

Are you asking a question or stating a fact here? I can't tell if you're saying you bought Wyeast or if you're asking how it goes.

Wyeast should always be sent with an ice pack, the gel ice packs stay cool for a few days and you can always ask them to put extra in. I've had some posted in summer that've been fine but not over a weekend. In a 3kg satchel with ice packs you should be able to fit 4 or 5 wyeast packs comfortably

im rural WA as well i got my wyeast from a site cant remember who and had it shipped with ice blocks. took longer than i would have liked but it did come from over east. but the yeast was fine (in summer as well) prob better to order from perth but and there are a few places that sell them. Gryphon brewing has some on his site also i know that Brewmart has some too.

Back