Quantcast

Wyeast In Post

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

mashout

Reaction score
one damm thing living in rural wa that IGA doesnt have much of a range of homebrew so most orders are in the post how good is wyeast in the pony express aka aus post 3-4 days, waited till winter to keep temp down too .....

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
right time of year, get it as local as you can and try for someone who can/will put ice packs in.

I get mine shipped from Craftbrewer, packed with a ice pack(they wrap em real good, onya Ross), takes 4 days to get here normally...no problem.

Try and get it shipped Monday from supplier so it doesnt hang around with aussie post all weekend.

Muscovy_333

Reaction score
one damm thing living in rural wa that IGA doesnt have much of a range of homebrew so most orders are in the post how good is wyeast in the pony express aka aus post 3-4 days, waited till winter to keep temp down too .....

Depends where you buy from.
The sponsors at the top of the page normally express post with ice/cooler beads.

DJR

I'm out
Reaction score
Are you asking a question or stating a fact here? I can't tell if you're saying you bought Wyeast or if you're asking how it goes.

Wyeast should always be sent with an ice pack, the gel ice packs stay cool for a few days and you can always ask them to put extra in. I've had some posted in summer that've been fine but not over a weekend. In a 3kg satchel with ice packs you should be able to fit 4 or 5 wyeast packs comfortably

bruce86

Reaction score
im rural WA as well i got my wyeast from a site cant remember who and had it shipped with ice blocks. took longer than i would have liked but it did come from over east. but the yeast was fine (in summer as well) prob better to order from perth but and there are a few places that sell them. Gryphon brewing has some on his site also i know that Brewmart has some too.

Latest posts