Wyeast Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnzy

Reaction score
Hey,

I made a yeast start last night at about 930 before i went out, and then when i dragged my arse out of bed by 11 this morning it wasnt bubbling and there was no signs of krausen.

I popped the yeast thing about 3 days before i pitched it into the starter. I boiled up 1 once of DME per 250 mls water (1.5 litres). I pitched it at 24 degrees and then put it in a room at 22 degrees. Why isnt the thing bubbling????

Or is there a chance it already fermented over night??

Cheers fellas

Barnzy,
Hell man this gave me the shits too , but believe me I bet your looking for a fermenting type thing going off , it's not gunna happen.

Do you see white bubbles floating on the surface? That's about all I had sometimes and the yeast worked fine.

Also don't be afraid to wait a while
Put a lid on it ( I am guessing you have an air lock ) and shake , be careful not to open for a while , you will feel the bottle pressurize , can be messy.

I am sure it will be fine , give it another day

Cheers Batz

Hahahahaha,

before i read your post i put i lid on it and shook the bitch, and your right, when you open it, it goes everywhere :D .

I will prob just brew it up now and way and pray to the beer gods she works out.

Cheers for your help

Well if it did that it is working
Your not the first to do that either , I wore it all over me and the wifes kitchen , I believe Guest Lurker did similar :lol: :lol:

Well 24 hours after pitching she is bubling about every 5-6 seconds.

How long long do people leave there starters for before pitching when the yeast is active. I read somewhere about 12 hours??

For my next one, i have 400ml of the yeast from my previous starter and i will add that to one litre of water with 4 ozs (118gm) and it will be about 22 degrees. Roughly how long will high krausen be???

Cheers

Latest posts

Back