Wyeast For Cerveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfadog

Reaction score
Hey guys I have made a cerveza with a whitelabs yeast and some of the guys like it. The issue is that the LHBS no longer stocks whitelabs... is there a wyeast equivalent?

I'd suggest that there isn't enough yeast character in a cerveza to make the yeast worth hunting down. US05 at 15* is supposedly a good choice if you don't want to use a lager yeast

If you want a liquid yeast, then Wyeast 1056 would be the definite go. Available from sponsors.

Just brewed a corn/rice low IBU mexican-ish lager with Danish 2042 at 10degC. Seems to be clean as a whistle going into the fermentor. Use a big starter.

throwing wy2007 out there.. quoted from the manufacturer's webpage.

Wyeast 2007 is the classic American lager strain. This mild, neutral strain produces beers with a nice malty character and a smooth palate. It ferments dry and crisp with minimal sulfur or diacetyl. Beers from this strain exhibit the characteristics of the most popular lager in America.

throwing wy2007 out there.. quoted from the manufacturer's webpage.

Wyeast 2007 is the classic American lager strain. This mild, neutral strain produces beers with a nice malty character and a smooth palate. It ferments dry and crisp with minimal sulfur or diacetyl. Beers from this strain exhibit the characteristics of the most popular lager in America.

That sounds like the one!

I quite like the wyeast cal lager (2112?) ... ferments really clear and clean at 15C.

Just brewed a corn/rice low IBU mexican-ish lager with Danish 2042 at 10degC. Seems to be clean as a whistle going into the fermentor. Use a big starter.

yeah i like how clean 2042 goes as long as you pitch at fermenting temps, i once threw in at 16 and let the fridge do the rest, lots of diactyl in that one

Latest posts

Back