Quantcast

Wyeast Equivalent For Coopers Recultured Yeast?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

BeerSwiller

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a Wyeast that is the equivalent or very similar to the coopers recultured yeast?

Thanks heaps

Hippy

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
Whitelabs have an Australian Pale Ale yeast but I'm pretty sure it's only available in March-April, although there might be the odd retailer with some left over.

peterl1981

Reaction score
Yeah sorry there not one, it's easy to reculture from coopers stubbies

luvbeer

Reaction score
no equivalent though the london 1968 has nice fruity esters that are similar.
though that is subjective.

BeerSwiller

Reaction score
yeah thanks guys, i have done the recultured a few time and is all good but wasnt sure if there was a commercial yeast available.

warra48

I've drunk all my homebrew and I'm still worried.
Reaction score
Agree with Manticle.
WY1968 won't attenuate anywhere near enough for a Coopers clone, and will produce a too malty beer.

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
I reckon the closest Wyeast offering would be a Saison yeast. Run coopers yeast above 25C and it's pretty bloody similar. Pears, bananas and low, low FG.

But yeah - buy $10 worth of CPA and make a starter - get the CPA for free. IMO, it's a pretty average ale though.

sponge

Dungeon O' Sponge Brewery
Reaction score
As hippy said, whitelabs have their 009 which is supposedly the coopers strain (happy to be corrected though) but is normally only available during a couple of months of the year.

Or as others have said, grab a few CPA's, drink the beer and build up the yeast from there. Cheap and tasty option

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
The 5.9% Sparkling cultures up fine. And what are these stubbies I hear you talk about? 3 Tallies at LiqourLand for $16 does the trick.

Latest posts