Wyeast 2633

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Anyone seen Wyeast 2633 "oktoberfest" for sale in any of the homebrew shops?

Batz

Batz,

try Roy at TWOC - he got a heap of stuff in last week

I got one of those new fangled activator and it was ready to blow after 3 hours !! - so its fresh, damn fresh....

Yep worth a shot, he is now the WA distributor for WYeast and imports direct from the states. I think he said he was getting 100+ packs in this month! Sure there would be a few oktoberfests in there especially given its almost Oktober :)

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Anyone who has used this yeast care to offer their opinions?

C&B
TDA
[post="78170"][/post]​

Used it several times now Mark
Happy with it but I believe 2308 makes a better oktoberfest IMO , bit more malty

Batz

I've used it 3 times now and am very pleased with it. I've found there is some (not much) sulphur taste early on but this passes during fermentation. Definitely needs a diacetyl rest. Attenuation has been around 73%.

I've made okkies with both 2308 and 2633 and while the 2308 is maltier I prefer the 2633. I use 4 base malts and I think the 2633 blends them a bit better. It finished crisper than the 2308.

Just split the batch, use both and give me a call when they're ready :)

Steve

Did I mention it really needs a diacetyl rest?

Thanks Batz and Steve.

I used 2206 on my first Oktoberfest for this year and it came out really smooth and malty.

I used the 2263 in the last one and it is lagering but it seems a lot drier. I also used it in the SA AHB Xmas case but a totally different grain bill. It is fermenting at the moment.

I used 2308 in one I brewed last year and that was also on the malty side but I also did a single decoction with that one.

C&B
TDA

I've got a 2633 Activator pack in the coolroom if anyone is interested.

Call me on 08 8188 1133.

tdh (Thomas, to his mother)

Back