Wyeast 1056 - American Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2 litre Wyeast 1056 - American Pale Ale starter should be ready by the weekend however I can't get the ESB wort kit I wanted to use it with in time.

Has anyone had any success with this yeast and any kits? Happy to add hops, extract, etc... although need to keep the process pretty quick at the moment.

In addition after I keg this brew could I just dump an ESB wort kit on the remaining yeast / trub and get another brew going using the same yeast, i.e. not get another starter going?

Fish

Fish,

You're basically lucky enough to have IMO the world's most versatile yeast.

In other words you can pretty much make a lot of styles with this yeast. Very neutral, clean and almost lager-like if it's fermented at cooler temps. ~15c or lower if you dare.

Makes good clean ales above this temp. as well.

Yep, you've answered your own question. If your sanitation is pretty good just dump the wort kit on the dregs. Just make sure you store your wort kit at or about fermentation temps (10-15c is good). Otherwise the fermentation may take off a little on the quick side and foam it's guts out.

Go wild! :chug:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back