Wyeast 1007 Any Good Bitters And Pales?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
Getting some wyeast german ale, and wondering if it will be any good for bitters and pales??. I will be brewing an alt ( or a few! ) with it, but if i can use it in bitters and pales i will be happy too!!!

Wyeast specs

Check out the above link. It gives suggested useage of your strain.

You can use it in any beer you like, it just won't be to style. A bitter ale yeast will enhance the bitterness of your brew.

"Extremely poor flocculating yeast, generally remains significantly in suspension without treatment or filtration." - quoth the wyeast people.

Used it in an american brown, and an attempted alt so far - and whilst I have been very happy with the taste profiles for both beers, the muddiness of both has been astounding!

wee stu said:
"Extremely poor flocculating yeast, generally remains significantly in suspension without treatment or filtration." - quoth the wyeast people.

Used it in an american brown, and an attempted alt so far - and whilst I have been very happy with the taste profiles for both beers, the muddiness of both has been astounding!
[post="53084"][/post]​

My experiences are exactly the same Stu. Nice and clean flavourwise. The beer can be consumed quite quickly (within a week of ferment).
Cloudy, cloudy, cloudy and hence also yeasty flavour.
Nice light beer yeast.
cheers
Darren

Back