Wychwood Beers Of Character Collection

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi All,

On my Trip of the UK I poped into my local watrose for some cleansing ales and found this.

IMAG0170.jpg

So I decided to take a few more shots for you all!

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

and my fav
IMAG0178.jpg

The rest of the beers are good but I don't think that you can better the hobgoblin!

now that I think about it I am going to have a look in uncle Dans tomorrow for some!

im currently making my way through a similar selection i found at my local beer treasure trove in Perth, minus the blonde

Scarecrow was good. and i've not had a hobgoblin in many years since leaving the UK, but oh, how i've missed thee.. Greeted the palate like an old friend..... i think despite the large number of gold coin donations need to procure one, i wont let such a long time go by ever again without one :)

The Goliath is on for tomorrow night - im looking forward to that one! :)

Yup Dan has this brand ... I actually really like their Ginger beer "Ginger Beard" ... I'd love to make it

i got one of these pack from northmead cellars.
pretty tasty

It's so annoying, the Ginger Beard rubbish is everywhere, but can I find a Hobgoblin outside a DM? Like f*** I can.

It's so annoying, the Ginger Beard rubbish is everywhere, but can I find a Hobgoblin outside a DM? Like f*** I can.
Luck me then. I can walk 800m to the local pub and get 4 x 500ml cans of Hobgoblin for $16. among others. :beer:
Things are on the improve here.
Cheers
Nige

4 cans for $16, crap!

I played 8 bucks a 500ml bottle!

The Scarecrow, previously known as Circlemaster, is a personal favourite of mine.

Easy one to brew as well. Pale malt base, 5% wheat. Easy on the Target hops at the start of the 60 and chuck a pile in at the end. Wyeast 1318. Good stuff...

Back