• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: Spare carboy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vindaloo

Bouncer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for an extra carboy, with tap and airlock if at all possible. I thought I'd try here before going out and buying a new one/getting my girlfriend to buy me one for Xmas. I'm in Perth, and a carboy would be kinda hard to post I'd imagine :)

Cheers!

Vinds.

I see you have the right reasons for wanting to get one but I would personally buy one brand new, you never know what someone has done with it. I don't know but I'm just a little funny with things like this.

I picked mine up for $35 complete with air lock, tap, thermometer on the side etc etc

Vindaloo, you'd be running a risk of buying something foul. Plastic carboys can hold lactobacilus (sp?) infections that metabisulfide won't get out.
New, clean, very little risk of disease: Traits highly desirable in a carboy.
kukulkan might sell his to you tho. :lol:

PostModern said:
Vindaloo, you'd be running a risk of buying something foul. Plastic carboys can hold lactobacilus (sp?) infections that metabisulfide won't get out.
New, clean, very little risk of disease: Traits highly desirable in a carboy.
kukulkan might sell his to you tho. :lol:
Vinds, check the quokka, people are always selling them in there. But as a couple people have said, you run a risk.

FYI, i know theyre about $39 new for a 30litre at WestBrew.

And my 30L isnt for sale, hehe. Well, I dont think anyone would want to buy it anyway. You cant smell the ginger extract, but you cant get it off either, looks kind of dodgy. Have to see how this current brew in there goes.

Hahahha! Yeah, I'm eager to buy a carboy that makes everything taste like either 1) ginger beer or 2) sewer water. Can someone please help me out ? :rolleyes: heheh...

Yeah, ok. Point taken. I'll probably get the girlfriend to buy me one for my birthday on the 9th of Jan.

Vinds.

I'm guessing that's your birthday too. Small world :) I'll send you a couple of 600ml presents in February :)

Vinds.

The best thing i ever did was to buy for an extra 20 bucks or so a couple of glass 23lt carboys.
They are much more airtight and are easier to clean and they don't scratch thus they can't harbour unseen infections.
I can leave my lagers in one of these for up to 6mths if i want knowing that no air/;infections can get in. :D

Well I took the g/f to Westbrew today, and bought a 30L plastic with tap and airlock. Part of my Xmas present. So that solves this particular problem.

:D

Vinds.

Back