• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Small Thermowell

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking everywhere but can't find one. The craftbrewer one would be perfect. I've been contemplating using a compression fitting with a short bit of copper tube crimped and soldered as a thermowell.

Search Ebay for a guy selling them in USA. will search for the link when I get home if you still need it. They are under $30 delivered.

Brewers hardware sell a 2" thermowell.

I've been thinking of buying some gear from them recently, so if your interested let me know.

I think the Brewers hardware thermowell must measure it's 2" from end of thread.

I need something that will screw into a T-Piece.

I think the Brewers hardware thermowell must measure it's 2" from end of thread.

I need something that will screw into a T-Piece.

I don't know your exact setup, but my plan was just to screw it into the long side (top of the T) part of the t-piece. Put your liquid line in the short (bottom part of the T) and let it liquid turn 90 degs and flow over / around the thermowell.

Code:
Thermo--------------liquid out

|

|

liquid in

If that makes sense.

Just curious but why do you need a thermowell in your herms setup? Im assuming you use a temperatue control of some sort which measures the temperature of the wort as it comes out of your herms, so wouldnt that give you your temperature reading?

Or is this for your MLT or HLT?

I prefer not to use a thermowell, as the metal takes time to respond to the temp changes. Put the probe directly in the flow,

QldKev

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know your exact setup, but my plan was just to screw it into the long side (top of the T) part of the t-piece. Put your liquid line in the short (bottom part of the T) and let it liquid turn 90 degs and flow over / around the thermowell.

Code:
Thermo--------------liquid out

|

|

liquid in

If that makes sense.

Yes this is exactly what I had in mind just using a 45mm thermowell if a 2" thermowell probe won't restrict flow too much that will do great!

+1 on that. Why not just immerse the probe directly in the flow?

Something like this:
http://www.brewershardware.com/CF1414.html

Depending on size of the probe of course.

This is just first google hit looking in Aus, no idea on merit of supplier:
http://www.temperature.com.au/Products/Com...nlessSteel.aspx
Not sure abot the op but I'm building mathos controller and the temp probe is not water proof.

I ended up making some on the lathe at my work..
Only out of Aluminium but they'll do me..

Cost me only a couple of $ each..

I ended up making some on the lathe at my work..
Only out of Aluminium but they'll do me..

Cost me only a couple of $ each..
Aluminium would have lighting quick heat transfer so would be perfect! You wouldn't have made a spare 1/2" bsp with a 20mm thermowell would you leahy? :p

edit: auto correct

Aluminium would have lighting quick heat transfer so would be perfect! You wouldn't have made a spare 1/2" bsp with a 20mm thermowell would you leahy? :p

edit: auto correct

Hehe unfortunately not yet.. I haven't had a chance to go and make some more..
I will be.. However I haven't had the time. Not quite sure how I would make them as yet so that you can screw them into a fitting.
I have no access to a milling machine.
Makes hex heads a fraction difficult.

Latest posts

Back