• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB (Melbourne / Ferntree Gully Area) - Lots of stuff to get me starte

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pickup, Centurion!

However, the "Lock SW" thinggie on the diagram would suggest there's actually a dual circuit (ie. one for heat, one for cooling), a-la the usual STC wiring.

Yeah, mate. That's why we're having this :icon_offtopic: conversation....

Maybe the OP (& others) can glean something from it... :beerbang:

To be honest I didn't check specs because I was running the assumption that all stc-1000 were the same. They are not as pointed out. Buyer be aware!!!

Although that stc would suit a large application it does not flip flop relays which is what you want.

Best spending a few more coins and get one with the two relays.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help so far. Have picked up a few things along the way. A few people I need to message to continue the collection!

I have now started the process...
Liquid Extract kit malt enhancer was used to brew up an IPA. (Amarillo hops used for bittering and aroma)
It's been 9 days now at about 18-19 degrees C. It started off at 21 and the yeast took about a day or two before CO2 bloops were noticeable on the airlock.
Another Hydrometer reading to come tomorrow and the day after to see if fermentation has stopped at it will be ready to bottle.

Do you suggest bottling from the tap or using a siphon as to not get as much trub and crap from the bottom of the fermenter?

Next on agenda is an AG batch of golden ale, nice pale, ESB or Irish Red. I have a bunch of recipes in BeerSmith2 all ready to go. Just a matter of getting my brew bag and deciding whether to go for the keggle setup or smaller batch BIAB stovetop method.

Cheers!

Love Amarillo. Great passionfruity/citrusy taste, perfect for single hop brews.

Don't be too quick to bottle. If you're anything like me, you checking up it every time you go past, seeing if it's still blooping... It's fine. And it doesn't hurt to let it be for a while longer after it stops (ie a week or more). According to some guys on the internet (which includes this magnanimous bunch), your yeasties still have some work to do after all the sugars have been converted. You might want to raise the temp up a few degrees for a couple of days for a diacetyl rest before cold crashing (if you care for that).

What you really don't want is to have unfermented sugars present when bottling, as that's a pretty sure method for some bottle bombs.

As for the bottling method, I just bottle from the tap, making sure it doesn't splash around to much. I wouldn't worry about racking/siphoning unless the trub layer is above the siphon.

Mick.

Latest posts

Back